Route 24, New Jersey Riding

ccie6872

Jun 25, 2001
On 24, between 287 and 78 I have seen a couple of people riding in the woods. Does anyone know how big? Terrain?? I am sure it is not legal, but being 10 mins away, it is a bit tempting..

PATHUMPERGUY

Dec 13, 2001
BE CAREFUL WITH THIS TYPE OF POST,PRIVATE MESSAGES OR DIRECT EMAIL ARE THE ONLY SAFE WAY TO DISCUSS THESE TYPES OF AREAS OR THE WRONG PEOPLE MIGHT BE CAUSING A WORLD OF TROUBLE FOR THOSE RIDING THERE.NOT TRYING TO BE A JERK,I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN.BE CAREFUL,WE DON'T HAVE MUCH SPACE LEFT AND EVERYONE IS A NIMBY.

Hevster1

May 2, 2000
I strongly suggest you contact a NJ club via www.ecea.org. I think you are pretty close to the ridge riders, my club. I travel to PA, tower city to ride legally. At this point its what needs to be done. I also want to say to those NJ riders upset as i am with the situation to vote MCgreevy out in the next election. Our enduro this year has been posponed because of the state people. Bet on it others will be next. Also there has been WAY stronger enforcement on public land as well.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I stopped riding Jersy about 5 years ago when the Green patorls started getting very aggresive and tripping all over themselves to protect the sand. Alot of my frineds continued to ride over there until they had run ins and or fines. I dont know anyone that rides there anymore.
But if you want to ride Jersy here are some tips.

Get your thumper street legal, for some crazy reason they claim that the sand trails out there are state rodes, so if you have a plate, your golden, take your camera along to get plenty of shots of stunned and stupified rangers and cops as they barrel toward you to slap the cuffs on only to realize your legit :).

Contribute to global warming in every way possible so that New Jersy becomes mostly flooded and uninhabitable at wich point they may let you ride there but probably not since they will call it a protected wet land.

If you do dare ride out there and you get popped, just claim your dumping chemicals so NJ can get more superfund $$$$ and or organizing terrorist attacks and tell them you saw some kids riding quads just over the way and they will leave you alone and chase off after them.

Of corse Im kidding, but the point is NJ is a joke and the head clown is on her way back to the big top from her stay in D.C. so dont expect it to get any better over there, bite the bullet, get a pickup, drive an hour and a half to spend you money somewhere else and ride legaly so the garden state can continue to cultivate chemical dumps, sand, oh and the chief export, pine trees. Its not worth getting your bike impounded and the fines.
Did I mention how I felt about NJ? LOL.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…