First official ride of the season.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Well it finally got up to about 7 degree's and the RM was all done after getting tore down and fitting with a bunch of new parts. So it seemed like a good time to tak her out for a rip with a couple of buddy's and get the cobwebs out before we hit the MX track. Just our local spot behind one of GM's Foundrys, also follows the famous Welland Canal(lots of Crown Land, and its all up for grabs). Was up till 5am lastnight playing mechanic on my buddy's bike. New chain, adjustments, lowered the triples a bit, no big deal.

We get 3 bikes loaded on the trailer and head over to my friends fabrication shop, we usually unload here, walk the bikes across the canal and start riding where the trail starts. I was a bit hesitant with the bike at first, just installed a FMF Rad Vavle and wanted to take it easy on her for a bit. I can't believe the change the reeds/Rad Valve assembly made, great response off the bottom and all the way to WOT. It worked great for about 10 mins until the bike warmed up though :) :) I definetly need to drpo the pilot a couple of sizes, that should clean the bottom up a bit. About 20 mins into the ride I noticed that the silencer was coming loose (forgot to use a NyLock) dammit, had to stop every 10 mins to tighen it by hand, my buddy decided that leaving the adjustable on the trailer was a good idea. The terrain was slippery as ice, having a old Kenda Trackmaster with about 97% of the tread gone made my day a bit difficult. The weather co-operated, the sky's were blue and it was muddy as hell :) What a great first ride, time to bring the bike home, tighten all the loose stuff, double check everything and maybe make it out to the track next week.

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
sounds cool, sux about the silencer:silly: :)

tomorrow im gonna go to the mountains and its 10:11pm right now, so i guess i better get offa here. lata!!

-Rob

MotoX6977

Apr 19, 2002
My first ride of the season was a muddy one. It took some time for me to work up some confidence on some of the jumps and hills from fear of wrecking, due to it being slippery, but after the first jump i made it was fun. :aj:

Top Bottom