JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
And the way they are talking over on the D37 board, it appears to be true

We just lost 4.1 million acres of Desert and as a result the BLM has halted issuing Race permits for the Ridgecrest area, Johnson Valley and Lucerne valley.

I hope this is not true, but it looks to be real

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Yes absolutely true. Additionally, Federal Government is expanding Fort Irwin. Resultant land grab will close Superior Dry Lakes, Cady Mountain Range, and Superior Mountain Range. Not all this land will fall into Fort Irwin, but about 50 to 70 percent of the land closure will be designated as a wilderness buffer to keep the Military Base isolated for security purposes.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Well, we're still losing 4 mil acres, but I just got this off from D37

Dave Oakleaf is the one who had informed me that he had a conversation with certain BLM Employee that told him no more permits for the open areas will be approved, with that Dave and I E-mailed, Faxed, Called everyone we new in the various Off-road Organizations, they all started calling every BLM person they knew until they got an answer.

The results were that this Employee was speaking out of his @ss , he likes to talk big to make himself look big. So for NOW all the permits will be issused as before.

If anybody was up to speed, it's Dave

That was scary, but it sure gets your attention on how fast this could happen; They'll close it down before we know what hit us and then we'll have to fight to get it opened and that will be tough to do

Top Bottom