Running with no tranny fluid!!!

rbn14

Jun 16, 2005
So I busted a whole in my clutch cover and was not in a place we could bring the truck. We sealed up the whole with some quick steel just to keep dirt out. We were able to limp the bike out, luckilly there was alot of down hill, but I did have to run it...WITH NO TRANNY FLUID!!! I am worried!!! Acourding to my hour meter I rode for a total of about 16min (not continually). Two stretches were about 5+ minutes after which there was a squelling noise at idle. I wont have a chance to really check it out for a week so until then it is going to drive me crazy!!! What do you guys think, I have anything serious to worry about??

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
Maybe only the clutch...if anything. Since you didn't report anything breaking or not working right. And maybe the clutch survived too! Think positive!

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
i'd check your bearings that your basket rides on, i did the swame thing once, and it fried my basket beraing, :bang:

also check your plates for any heat discoloration, as well as warped steel plates.

xcracer72

Uhhh...
May 28, 2006
you would experience burning on your bearing mostly. the clutch plates should be fine as long as you rode it back like a sissy. Fanning the clutch at high rpm's puts the most friction stress on the clutch assy. Shifting at low rpm's for short periods of time shouldn't affect it.

rbn14

Jun 16, 2005
Pulled it apart last night (clutch assemble) Everything looks ok but I gotta check if the plates are in spec stilll. Thanks for the posts.

Top Bottom