150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I went riding yesterday, and I just couldn't get the rythm section type thing down, it looks like this, the jumps with the letter "i" four times
being the table tops.

/iiii\ /\ /iiii\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Ive been Jumping the first table top, going over the single thing, jumping the next table, then when I hit the ground on the table landing, pinning it it 2nd gear. But I keep on seeming to come up short jumping the single to the next single after the table top, I keep coming down on top.

Should I try It in 3rd? What else could help?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Have you tried doing the first table, then stepping onto the second and possibly stepping off, then a double to a single out? Yes, 3rd might help.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Ill try that

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
FruDaddy said:
Yes, 3rd might help.

i agree, give it a try. i always ride a gear high and try to carry momentum rather than revving it out. i feel more in control that way.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Most of the fast guys double, double, double, and single out, but I dont know if I can double those table tops to the singles yet. Maybe I just need to keep practicing.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
ya?

atcomx98

Jan 21, 2007
I would go with the step on step off, but you have to be totally comitted to doing it. You dont wanna fall short. Also if that doesnt work out try seat bouncing after the 2nd tabletop. to seat bounce, you stand up rduring the landing of the second tabletop and as soon as u go up the first double sit down on the back of the seat and accelerate the throttl these two things combined will preload u far enough to clear it without having to be in 2nd gear. Hope it helps.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
How far would you say they were apart? After comming off the first table into the single, how far is it to the next table and how wide are the tables?

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
The tables are 10 feet and the single is about 10 feet away from the table.
Tho other 85 riders are either doing the first 2 tables then doubleing the singles and some are doubling the table to the single and then table to single again, then doubling and single out.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
Can you clear the first table, single and 2nd table together?
If you can clear the first table the single and the 2nd table and then double the last 4 jumps that is probably going to be the fastest way.
Even if you have to hop the 2nd table, thats still going to be faster than going over the 1 table, the single and the 2nd table seperately.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Oh no I couldnt do that since the first table is right out of a corner.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Yes you can,more corner speed! You do not need a whole track,just a couple of corners,ride in any gear as fast as you can around the turn,next time faster,start on hard no rut corners,rutted corners,then berms. The faster riders will take what is needed of the corner to get enough speed to do the obstacles,you will need to go outside and carry enough momentum to rhythm more efficiently you can be faster and smoother on you. Less jumps is faster,less impacts is faster.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
The pros just double, double, bouble, single. The pros dont do the table the single and the other table all together.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
SO I should go for the double?

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
So I take it thatt the top of the tables are 10'? And the single in between is 10' away from the tables? Adding all that up you could hit the first table with enough to clear the single and land on top of the other table, which if I'm taking this right would only be what about a 40 footer?

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
just_a_rider said:
So I take it thatt the top of the tables are 10'? And the single in between is 10' away from the tables? Adding all that up you could hit the first table with enough to clear the single and land on top of the other table, which if I'm taking this right would only be what about a 40 footer?
uh ya maybe but I would land with enough force that it would probably bounce me off and hit the next single. Also Im not completely sure that the tables are 10' and the single is 10' away from the table. I was just estimating but thats probably close.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Well I still wouldnt be able to clear it that far any way. im not that good.

Top Bottom