cphillips

Feb 25, 2001
Anyone have a good set of instructions of how to properly set sag? There seems to be a huge difference in opinion regarding the WP manual and many others about setting the sag.:confused: Strick, how about you? I think I recall a previous post in which you had a set of instuctions.

Thanks again.

cphillips

Feb 25, 2001
I have searched and with several results. But, I am trying to figure out why the manual says one thing that everyone else soys another.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
I think the WP manual is a general thingy. Just set race sag at 100mm, see how much static sag there is, and if it's anywhere between 10-40 mm, just ride and see how it feels.

If you are close to either extreme with the static sag, consider going the appropriate way with the spring(closer to 10mm, get stiffer, closer to 40 mm, get softer spring), especially if you are close to putting no preload on the spring or so much that the static sag gets to 0 mm when the shock is hot.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Originally posted by Anssi
Just set race sag at 100mm, see how much static sag there is, and if it's anywhere between 10-40 mm, just ride and see how it feels.

The bikes are generally the same weight, whereas riders weights vary dramatically. Therefore, our static results are going to vary as much as our riders weights. What Anssi has described above is your best approach, set race sag at 100mm, and then make minor adjustments to suit your prefferences. Keep in mind that the compression and rebound clickers will make significant changes once your spring rate is correct.

Top Bottom