Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
San Diego SX 250s video here

Here's a torrent of the 250s from the weekend for anybody who didn't see it or those like myself in coutries where they're never broadcast :( .

http://www.iol.ie/~foundation/sandiego_250cc_divx_.torrent

For those who don't know what this .torrent is or what to do with it - Go to www.bittornado.com, download the BitTornado client and install it. Now download the .torrent file above (it's tiny, just containing integrity info to make sure you get the real uncorrupt file from others) and double click it. This should launch BitTornado and ask where you want to save the video to. Simple as that, just leave it going. If you need to stop you can resume downloading by following the same procedure, BitTornado will automatically resume the half downloaded file. BitTorrent works whereby when you are downloading bits of the file from one person you're automatically uploading other bits of it you already have to others. So please don't limit your upload speed, and when you've got the whole file please leave BitTornado open for at least 24 hours to allow other people download from you. This is the only fair way, otherwise some people will have to upload tonnes to make up for you quitting when you've only uploaded a small amount.

Enjoy the race,

Last edited:

berudd

Dec 31, 2004
Oh man you soooo Rock! I have been getting my SciFi channel fix in a similar fasion (limewire) but could not find and racing on there. I have not tried any of the Bit Torrent stuff yet but I will tonight. Do you know if all the rounds are available?

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
I have been putting all the rounds up since the start of the season on thumpertalk but wasn't sure if I'd get "in trouble" for posting them here, I figured I'd give it a try with this one seems as the race is supposed to be so good! If I don't get banned I'll post the future ones here as well. I'm not the one actually making the videos by the way (the guy recording them wants to remain anonymous), I'm just posting them for people...

Don't hang around too long to get this by the way, the nature of BitTorrent is that once everybody disconnects the file is no longer available for download. The torrents of the SXs only tend to last a week or so.

If you can't get to grips with BitTorrent let me know and I'll try to help out. It takes some getting used to but is an excellent way of downloading and taking the load of the original supplier of the content. Look out for the light in the top right hand corner of the BitTornado window. Green is good to go, you should get good download speeds (some people were getting 400kb/s on the last file). Yellow means you're behind a firewall of some sort blocking incoming connections, you'll be able to download but much slower then possible. To sort this out you need to go into the Prefs section of BitTornado and make note of the port range it is using (10000-30000 say). You need to get these ports forwarded to your PC through your firewall. If you've got a software firewall (Windows XP SP 2 included) you just need to add BitTornado to your Allowed Programs list.

Good luck,

mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
man, thats amazing! thanks so much :cool: I dont get any of the races here either.

I'd like to see if I could get some of the other races too but I dont really understand how this works. Do I need to download another torrent file like the one you linked to or is there some way of searching for them or what? Thanks so much man!

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
There's no way of searching, you need the .torrent file. Here are the ones for Anaheim 3 and Indianapolis which I think are still "seeded" (meaning people on there who have the whole file and have left BitTornado open so others can get it from them)
http://www.iol.ie/~foundation/2005 AMA Supercross Round 5 - Anaheim 3 - 250s.torrent
http://www.iol.ie/~foundation/Indy_supercross.torrent

The other rounds are no longer seeded so have disappeared. I'll probably put the whole load back up at the end of the season if people want 'em. I'm planning on doing the World MX GPs when they start in April if anybody is interested.

kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
Can't see the moving pictures!

Thanks for the link to the race. I just downloaded the race (2 hours and 5 minutes!)... when I try to run it Windows Media Player launches but I only get audio! No video! Any thoughts?

Thanks.

kmx125r

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
kmx125r - You need to download the correct CODEC, I think you can get it from DivX.com, if not let me know and I'll get more info for you!

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
The other rounds are no longer seeded so have disappeared. I'll probably put the whole load back up at the end of the season if people want 'em.

I will probably put them back up but not until the end of the season. If I do it now there won't be enough interest so I'll end up doing all the uploading which I don't have the bandwidth for, sorry... I will post all future rounds here though if that's any consolation :).

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I sent you an e-mail earlier today if your e-mail address is correct on your account you should have it by now. If not e-mail me your correct address chili[at]dirtrider.net .

mxer_69

Dec 14, 2000
Sorry man, i just thought someone out there could maybe put it on a website or something. I'm just used to clicking on it and downloading...i don't know about all this computer jazz. So if you think you can help me ( in a way i would understand ), i'd appreciate it. :cool:

zook125

Apr 17, 2003
if anyone is still having problems with bittorrent files try this.
1.download" Azereus" ( program with little blue frog logo)
2.install program.
3.clickon torrent address that is in this thread.
4.when promted to save ,change save to desktop. (easier for beginners to find file)
5. a torrent icon will then appear on your desktop.
6.open azereus and click on "file", then on "open" then on the torrent file you have previously saved.
7. look in desktop and click on the torrent file. , then click open.
8. a screen will then ask you where you want the file saved, save it in my documents( i think that is the default directory)
9. click save and your torrent should automatically start to download.

ive had problems down loading while on a network connection , so if possible dont download at work. if you have to let the torrent down load at night.

Top Bottom