xrkx

Dec 28, 2003
My wife rides a 04 KX100 and the trails we ride are pretty sandy and bit whooped out. She is about 155lbs and rides fairly easy. She complains a lot about the bike wondering in the sand but when I ride it, I have no complaints. She is a novice rider and I know that most of her problem is due to her skill level but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on suspension set up maybe helping her out. The bike is cushy for her but does not seem to be to soft. It is really a very nice ride. I have not really played with the suspension on it yet and was wondering if I may need to crank down a few clicks on compression.

Anybody have any tips?

Thanks

B

biglou

A couple things that help me, that I transfered over from my mountainbike knowledge, is to stay back on the seat, and try not to hold on too tight to the grips. Relax, slide back and unweight the front wheel. That will keep it from pushing too much in turns or augering in when in the deeper stuff. Sand is tricky. The right tire with the right amount of pressure is also key.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Weight- back

Throttle- open

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
In the latest RacerX Dowd is giving DC lessons in sand riding. For bike setup he says to "chopper" the bike out. Slide the forks all the way down in the clamps and soften the back end, this helps keep the front end light.

Top Bottom