Sat 26 or Sun 27

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I havent been out since the Palm Springs run. Lets go somewhere.

Hodge Road to Slash X and back
El Mirage
Big Bear
Silverwood Dam
Phelan
somewhere else

Lets go So Cal

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
How about the Vikings National Hare Scrambles at Lucerne on Sunday? I believe there will be a poker run on Sat, but not sure.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I have never ran a hare scramble. They seem pretty intimidating. I get nervous when guys go hauling a** by me.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'd like to ride Sunday Jeff, got me a new GPS just for the occasion.;) Let me know and I'll see if it's open for me as well. Miller Canyon really sounds fun again or even a Big Bear fire road ride.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Sundays good for me.....mark your calendar.....

Do you want to do the Hodge Road to Slash X? I dont really know how to get there but your new GPS should get us back. I do know its somewhere over the mountain north east of where we would park. Cant be that hard to find. :laugh:

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
I'm really up for the Hodge Rd/SlashX trip.

Now if I can just get out of the family camping trip. :think:

I'll just have to bring the family and camp there!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'd actually like to FINISH a Miller Canyon ride but I'm open for other ones as well! I'll check tonight and see if I'm cleared to go on Sunday cause I really really need this ride.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
I'd actually like to FINISH a Miller Canyon ride

:) :laugh: ;)

Miller Canyon it is...... Let me know if you have issues.... I will have my wife call your wife and get you squared away.

Last edited:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Im in for Sunday :)

Hodge to Slash X isnt very interesting, but Soggy dry lake to Slash X is excellent but no longer legal :|

I am fine with Miller (I prefer the Silverwood Dam starting point)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm in, it's an all clear and a go! Name the meeting place and time. 2Strok, we can meet at the 91 and go from there.;) :yeehaw:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
DOH! I need to check the calendar before I comit. Im out for Sunday, my wife is running a 1/2 marathon and I am cheering her on.

BTW- Elk, what GPS did you get? I have some cool software you might want to check out, mapping and topo stuff.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I got the Magellan Meridian Platinum and I'd like to get that software from ya! If she's running only half of a marathon, maybe you can record your cheers on a tape and she can use a walkman and listen to it for the race.;) Too bad you can't make it on Sunday though.:(

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
See ya there.

Jeff, do you have a mp of the area? I was wondering if you know where that one trail (Devils Hole?) goes? Maybe we can try something new.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I was hoping to hit that Devils hole trail we found last time also. Most of us (sans Elk :moon: ) have gone up and down Miller canyon to deep creek many times. Still fun, but a change is nice.

For this weekend, I'll check if the stars align and I can make it. In laws are coming in AGAIN !!! :think:

Don't change you plans this week for me but we haven't been to Phelan in a while. Or how about starting up in Big Bear and Riding Malcom Smith down from Big Pine? I'm not sure of the snow level but Mtngoat and I hit quite a few "other" trails up there last year and it was a blast. In the upcoming weeks I'd like to put something together up there.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I will look for the map tonight

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Thanks Jeff.

That would be one heck of a loop, taking Devils hole. Anybody ever do that loop or been on that trail out of Devils Hole?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm in no matter where we go. 8 at Mickey D's, see you there.;)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
It appears the trail 2W01 from Devils Hole goes around to 3n15 to Big Pine, then we could take Malcolm smith (1W17?) back down. I guess maybe 80 Miles? Or we could just ride up the trail until we reach a 1/2 way number of miles we want to go and turn around? I do wonder what the terrain is like . It looked kind of tight and fun at the entrance.

We could always do our normal route Miller to deep creek, up ballbuster to 1/4 of Malcolm Smith and back. What ever you'd like is good with me.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Lets try Devils Hole

Its been closed ever since I started riding so I would be a nice change.

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Considering Sat is out now for me and Ocotillo will have to wait...(should check my own calendar too!!!) I'd like to join in too. BUT... I saw 80 miles mentioned. Does anyone else have a stock tank?!! Where exactly is the Mickey D's you speak of, and is anyone else from SD area headed up there? I'm with Elk, I really, really, really need to do something fun this weekend. ...N

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Nick - McD's is the McDonalds located at the 15 & 138 Junction just past the truck scales on Cajon Pass.

I also have a stock tank but it holds 3.2 gallons :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Will my stock WR tank make the run?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…