JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Elk- You should be ok. We will check the tanks and make the call while we are out there.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Will my stock WR tank make the run?

:eek: Carlo. The tank will make it. Will you??? :scream:

I guess the third time's the charm. :yeehaw: :laugh:

You guys have fun. I have some birthday/anniversary stuff going on this weekend. :thumb:

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Thanks for that, I know (kinda) where that is. How far from there to the staging area? That McD's is about 2hrs from me. Just curious really, I can't afford a new tank right now anyway. I'll be thinking of you while I'm dodging illegal aliens and psychos in serape's on banshee's at Bordertown. :) One of these days I'll get to ride up there. Have fun!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Nick The staging area is about 20 minutes from McDonalds. As far as gas goes you could either carry some water bottles in a backpack or turn back when you think your halfway on fuel. Are you riding a 2 or 4 stroke?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Bottles in a backpack=flying projectiles

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Thanks Jeff. 2-stroke. I actually thougnt of that, but came to Elk's conclusion. Of course, I could just fill up my new camelbak... :) :) ...or not!!!
Baking soda probably wouldn't freshen that.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Nick,

Were actually serious. On most of these rides we see 2 strokes on stock tanks carring fuel in water bottles in your pack. It works well, though not OSHA approved.

Elk's comment is just because he forgot to zip up his pack. :flame:

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Really? What kind of water bottle exactly? Do you mean the regular old plastic ones from drinking water as found in grocery stores, or some sort of nalgene thing from a camping store?

Sounds pretty unsafe, but then look what we're doing!!

btw, my friend just got the broken femur bill... 37 th-th-th-thousand dollars. No insurance. :(

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I would not be riding if I didnt have insurance.

Gatorade bottles work well for transporting fuel. Snug the lid on then wrap with duct tape. I even saw a guy carrying fuel in small fire extinguisher bottles.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by nick414
Really? What kind of water bottle exactly?

btw, my friend just got the broken femur bill... 37 th-th-th-thousand dollars. No insurance. :(

I've seen them all, even the regular evion type bottles work fine. Like I said not OSHA approved. But if you tip our bike gas runs out the carb, and posibly the vent tube. If you crashed and landed flat on your back maybe the bottle would break. Unless your smoking or laying on your exhaust pipe it really wouldn't be much of a problem.

Re: the friend and ins:

Be there, done that. 1993 = $30K bill for shattered tib- fib, surgury with rod + screws and unable to walk/ work for 8 months. Then 1/2 year later = 2nd surgury (had ins but uncovered due to pre esisting condition) No is wasn't bike related. It was Baseball. Wish him well.

If he hasn't already, have him call the docs. offices and request a payment plan and ask for a "cash" discount. Most of my docs cut there non ins. fees by 40% in hopes to get paid. The are nicer to work with if you call in advance rather than after your late on payments. Secondly, each office will try and make him make large payments. If your persistant you can set up small payments instead. They won't like it but if you tell them you're either going to default on the bill or pay this amount they'll usually take it. It's better than not getting paid at all and won't hurt his credit.

If he can't work it out that way, he can do a debt consolodation or worse case BK (if he has other finance problems).

Last edited:

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Hey, you guys plan on trying the big loop? I just put a pumper carb on. Don't know how that will effect my gas mileage. If you're serious about the loop I can put the large tank on.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The water bottles seemed like a good idea at the time. And for your information Farttissue, it was zipped, it just came UNzipped after riding like a bat outta hell, oh wait, you wouldn't understand that!:moon::) None the less, I saw Oldandslo drinking one of those thinking it was gatorade.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
it was zipped, it just came UNzipped after riding like a bat outta hell, oh wait, you wouldn't understand that!

Bat outta hell, hmm I was just crusing along in 3-4 gear. Yet I was still in front of you leading that ride!!!! :flame: :moon: You know your bike has more that just 1st and 2nd gear, right? I guess we just have different idea of riding like "a bat outta hell". Kitty Litter boy.

FYI, you don't really have to slow down when you can no longer see you truck. Track queens , geez we'll probrably need that GPS to find your a$$ once we get 20 miles in. :moon:

What are you going to do to sabotage your bike this time? :) It must be nervous time for you now that we actually expect you to complete the ride. :laugh:

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Looks like I'll have to miss this one guys. A friend called me with tickets to the NASCAR race this weekend. Look for me in the Terrace Suites above Pit Road. I'll be helping them get rid of all that free food and free beer. I'm not that big of a NASCAR fan, but thats just the kind of friend I am. I'd do the same for any of you guys.

Have fun out there. Make sure someone brings some rope. Just in case. ;)

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Oh man, what's up with that? (whine, whine) You could always give it to someone that likes nascar, ya' know?

How about a big ol' DRN banner hanging out of that suite?

I'm going to Harrah's tonight to meet Rusty Wallace, et. al. :) :)

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Well I guess you could say that I'll be a big NASCAR fan on Sunday.

Or you could also say that I'm a HUGE free food/free beer fan. Either way works. :D

I kinda doubt they'll let me hang any banners up anywhere. Although I'll try and sneak in on a pit crew. Maybe I can get the race winner to say something like, "My Monte Carlo/Taurus/Grand Prix/Intrepid was running real good out there. I'd like to thank my sponsors, and especially Dirtrider.net, and Nick414 for making this all possible." Wish me luck!

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Theres going to be some good riding in them there hills this weekend. I talked doc into giving me the green light to ride but not without swearing that Id take it easy for a while and promised not to fall on that portion of the body. Man the things a person has to do in order to ride. Have a good ride guys, Ive been missing all the fun rides. But Like good old Arnold used to say "Ill be back".

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
If I have to walk the last portion of that ride, I'll finish it!! And I finished the first one, I just don't remember it.:think:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
And I finished the first one, I just don't remember it.:think:

I do, :) and it was freakin hilarious. :laugh:

That is, once we figured out you weren't gonna die on us. :eek:

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Thanks YZAndrew, or is that KTM now? Too bad we can't change usernames. I'll be listening and looking for you... Montecarlo... Guess that'd be the DEI pits. Good Luck!

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000

That was just the 1st refueling stop :thumb: :laugh: :flame:

I don't think you'll need the fire retardent suit this time. :laugh:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

Taking the fireroads back does not constitute "finishing". And besides, we nearly had some de-boned Elk that trip. I wonder if that's anything like de-boned chicken? :confused:

Top Bottom