Saving a live web cast on hard drive

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
Does anyone know if this can be done? the first race of our season is this sunday and i would like to listen to vegas on my drive out to the track. i have an mp3/dvd player in the van that plays cd-r's. please let me know.

I have windows xp and windows media player. 60 gig h.d

Thanks

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
I believe you can listen to any of the previous rounds since they are archived on sxgp, you don't need to listen to it live. I've never tried but I pretty sure I've talked with others that have done it.

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
i found a program on the net called Easy Recorder. the way it works is that any audio that is played through your sound card/windows media player can be directly recorded to your hard drive as either a wav. or mp3. file . i have tried the trial version( only records for 40 seconds) with the archived salt lake city supercross and it worked great. 40 seconds takes up 1.25 mb as an mp3,6.89 mb as a wav. , so my calculations are 4 1/2 hrs approximatly 504 mb, the whole program can easily fit on a cd-r. now i can record the race and listen to it on the way to the races the next day.

this program works for all audio utilizing windows media player , winamp and a few other applications.

Top Bottom