Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
June 15th & 16th will be the date, the time is from 9am until the last rider quits. Raymond Peters the Tryals Shop Team Scorpa rider will be conducting classes in Austin. Lacy Jones will also be teaching a newbie riders class so all the bases from me on up the ladder should be covered. I'm planning to go are you?

CLICK ME BABY!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I am signed up and pumped up for class! :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
OK guys and gals, all I can say is if you ever get the chance to attend one of Ray's schools DO IT! At twice the cost it would be the best money you ever spent. He is an excellent teacher and can quickly disect what part of the various skills you are having difficulty with and help improve your performance. His ability to determine specific tuning and setup issues with any bike are also VERY impressive. His side shows when a student says something can't be done are worth the admission price. What do you mean "nobody" could run their front tire slowly up the 5' step face, hold it there against the clutch, then jump up, land a dead stop, hop a 180 and come back down?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sorry no pics or video. I was way too busy doing damage to my bike and myself. I did see Ray do some amazing balance point wheelies, vertical stair acents, clean one handed sections nobody else could clean with less than a 3, and then do it all on an old 348 Montesa just to prove it was possible reguardless what you rode.

In a modified game of Rock-Paper-Scissors I learned that a large rock trumps a carbon fiber fork guard and that a 8" tree branch easily breaks carbon fiber attached to my head. This morning I finally woke up and didn't feel "off" (more than usual).

I would STRONGLY encourage ANYONE that want to learn how to ride better reguardless of riding type or bike to attend one of Ray's schools. I got my money's worth in the first 2 hours and we were out for 9 hours!

Don't worry though I will be posting pictures from the PA round of the Nationals in a few weeks.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Patman, I hear ya on the amazing tricks by Ray. One day down in the bayou he was doing this 20' vertical hill. He'd throw it sideways in the air and land perpendicular to the top since he couldn't get it to nose over. He also was unicycling sections others struggled with on 2 wheels. Ever see someone wheelie down hill? Yup, he can do that too. At a show he put on for our club he also had a 610 husky there. Did some amazing nose wheelies and donuts on the thing. Even got to see him on a 172 HP totally breathed on Suzuki street bike. He was using it for some extreme shows he was doing last summer before he lunched the tranny on it. He was doing big wheelies, long nose wheelies/stoppies, feet up donuts, etc. on it.

Quite a bit of fun to be around, that is for sure.

Jake McKernan

Oct 6, 1999
I used to ride in D4 with Ray a number of years ago. He's an excellent rider and a really nice guy. He was always willing to take the time and show a newbie how to improve a skill. If you've got the opportunity to ride as his student, I say take it!

Jake

bagger

Apr 1, 2002
ray sure looked good at the pa nats,where you there patman?i was riding around on a 97 gas gas 350 on sunday with my trials may be hard t shirt on.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
No I didn't make it :( our flight got in way late to even think about going on Saturday and then when we mapped it out on Sunday it was a 7 hour drive because of road closures and the stupid 55mph speed limit. I was REALLY bummed out. That was the main reason we set that weekend to go and it all fell apart. I'm glad Ray looked good he's a heck of a nice guy.

Top Bottom