Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
It is time for another Ladies motorcycle school in Oregon. Ellen has not
sold the Whisper Canyon Ranch so we can use those facilities to have another
great motorcycle school for women. Our plans are to have it either June 7th and 8th or June 14th and 15th, father’s day. Right now we are thinking that we can take 20 riders and the cost will be $100.00 per rider.

We are hoping that for the most part half of the riders will be wanting a
more advanced class, while the other half will need to learn and or review the basics of last year. With 2 teachers we will be able to break into two groups based on ability and teach the skills according to those levels.
This year I (Nicole) will still be teaching and a new teacher, Andrea Davis, the top US trials rider will be coming. Andrea will be teaching the lower level for the majority of time and I will be teaching the upper level. It is our hope to even have 2 or 3 trials bikes there for everyone to try as trials can really teach you a lot for improving your trail riding skills.

If you are interested please put a post here or e-mail Ellen or myself
directly. When you post please let us know what date you prefer.

Contact Ellen at ... wcrdance@internetcds.com for lodging info

Can't wait to see you again. I have been told you are all getting much better.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Count me in!  Either weekend is fine with me.  Last year, it was on Mother's Day and Mom forgave me so I think Dad will too if it's held on Father's Day weekend this year ;)

I can attest to the fun we all had last year, it improved my riding so much, and I'm not going to miss out this year either!

:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

treefinder

Sponsoring Member
Jun 4, 2002
I know I don't get to vote, but if I did I would vote for the 14/15th.

CERA will have their Training Wheels Family Enduro on June 8, and I know many of the school attendees have ridden this event in the past.

The 14/15th has no conflicts with D36 events.

As the Training Wheels Family Enduro Co-Coordinator I clearly have a vested interest, just saying... :)

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Frank,
Do you think they'd let join the class if we shaved our legs? From what I heard this would be a great class for all riders. I just need to figure out how to get my wife to attend:)

Any single women riders that are attending need a 'boyfriend' for the weekend? I can load bikes and clean air filters....

Brian

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Frank, good point on the TW date, I would not want to miss that one!

NVR FNSH - you might not need to shave your legs to get into the class, but we may require that you participate in toenail painting and facial activities if you stay in the Ladies Bunk House ;) 

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
If he shows up with no female companion I say introduce him to HOT WAX. :p

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Luckily for me my legs aren't very hairy. My wife works in a day spa - facials/waxing/massage etc - as a receptionist. I hear the screams in my sleep.... I called up one day and asked if they did speedo waxing - talk about dead silence at the other end.

Brian

Mini_Thumper

~SPONSOR~
Dec 17, 2002
Where exactly in Oregon is this class located? I'm from California, and would love the opportunity to meet everyone, and work on my riding skills!! I've got the Oregon map waiting to see where the class is, and if I can sweet talk my husband into letting me come :)

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Mini Thumper, can't help with the location.
Sweet talking the hubby, well, that's easy. You tell him all about the Reno ride that you missed out on, how cool all these women are, how Girlrider is competing in the SSDT this year, competed in the Trials des Nations (her first year of trials, way to go!!!) last year & the ISDE (bronze medal) the year before - so is a damned good rider. You then check out the following threads (no, you've checked them out already, so can show him pix & explain what they all learnt):
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=8ca1f8bf814c5f5931a
910485f7fe6e4&threadid=47685
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?threadid=47937
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?threadid=46808
(page 10 of this forum if the links don't work) - actually have a look around about pg10 & 11 for more ammo.
You point out how much time he spends racing & how you help him out, how you'd love to meet these people & it'll help no end with your confidence. You then ask him what he's recently bought for his bike & is $100 or so really too much for you to spend on yourself? (I don't think many guys would be able to argue with that one, heck, I could just about afford to be able to come over for it if it wasn't for the fact of what I've spent on his bikes this month). Hmmm, will work on him for that one, but will have to give him advance warning so he can save up.
Now, if none of my ideas work, there's always the *other* bribe.

Seriously though, if you can make it, go.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Mini Thumper, the ranch where class is held is just outside of Medford in Southern Oregon. It will take you about 7.5 hours up I-5 if starting from Lodi.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Did we have fun or what??  Oregon Group 2002.

Attachments

• oregon.jpg
    oregon.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 277

lisa'sxr4

Jul 16, 2002
It's only 12 hours from Orange County - guess I have some sweet talking to do of my own! He is going to Baja without me in March - so I guess it would be my turn! I need all the help I can get and it would be nice to meet more female riders!

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Yep we had a great time ! I know Ive used every skill taught that weekend...and am surely looking forward to more.
It is a unique opportunity to learn from women with extensive backround in Trials and Enduro riding.
Six riders are already signed up ... 20 is the limit. If it is possible to make it ..DO IT ...all rider levels will greatly benifit from Nicole and Andrea's teaching.
Cant wait to see you all again..

Michelle ..what does it cost to fly out here.. flying into Portland is probably cheeper.Or if you have time fly in to Calif and come up with the Calif Gals...Would sure be great if you could come.. Id put up your Class fee, feed ya, put you up and find you a bike...

Mini_Thumper

~SPONSOR~
Dec 17, 2002
Ok - I'll work on the hubby for that! It's right after our wedding reception, so I'm not sure about the money issue. Is food and lodging taken care of, or do you have to work on all that yourself? I may have two other girls that might be able to make it too. If we all come up together, we can save moola!

Thanks for the info . . . I'll show him all those links!

As far as how much money he's spent on his bike so far this month . . . he just bought a brand new WR450F, so he's way over $100 for this month!

Thanks, hope to be able to make it.
Mini_Thumper

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'd like to make it this year . . . the 7th and 8th would work best for me since I think the NW Spodefest/Father's Day Ride is the 14th and 15th.

Sounds fun! Brian, you're so nice, are you going to wash my bike for me? I'm single! ;)

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Food and Lodging for the school..You are on you own for food.. Last year Fri we kind of potl lucked it at the Ranch.. Sat we went to the local Pizza deli.. home brew & good pizza.. Sun whoever was left we went out for Mexican. There was plenty of breakfast stuff.. also a good local cafe.
I dont live at the Ranch now but the folks staying there rent lodging .. its super reasonable. Also there is a very reasonable motel about 7 mi from the Ranch..

Whisper Canyon Ranch prices

Cabin - $99 per night ..Cabin has a full kitchen..
Accommodates 6.

Bunk House - $15 per night, per person Has 3 hot showers and sinks.. porta poty. It has bunks and sleeps 14.. Its pretty basic but cozy

Poolside Suite - $20 per night, per person
Accommodates 10.

Tent, Camper & RV space (self contained only) - $8.00 per night, per space.

We have room for at least 6 campers/trailers where we live which is right across the valley...

Later Ill post local motel info..

Mini Thumper.. Hope you can make it.. we'll help you work something out

FC..Got you down for the 7/8.. Come its a blast. you wont regret it !

Mini_Thumper

~SPONSOR~
Dec 17, 2002
Ok - I think my husband is on board with me! A few more questions though. I would be coming up with my friend that I ride with most of the time, but our husbands want to know if they come with us, can they camp at the same spot, and would there be places that they could ride during the day while we are in the class?? If that is the case, then we can come up with their tent trailer, and I think I'm in!!!

Someone please let me know, so I can start planning. I'm so excited I feel like a little kid again! It will be great to meet you and learn things that I am sure will help me tremendously!!

Thanks for your help.
Mini_Thumper

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Originally posted by Mini_Thumper
Ok - I'll work on the hubby for that! It's right after our wedding reception, so I'm not sure about the money issue.
What does that mean? You're getting married or you mean your anniversary or something I'm totally oblivious to? (here we have receptions after the ceremony, on the same day, & you Americans continue to confound me with all your traditions hehe)

Oh, Ellen, it's around $2400 to Portland - way too much on such short notice, but I've told Henk he owes me a trip to the US for what I've spent on his bike this month. Thanks for the offer though, and when I do make it over there, believe me, I'll be meeting up with as many of you women as I can. I just hope I won't be too old to be riding by then hehehe
Michelle

Mini_Thumper

~SPONSOR~
Dec 17, 2002
One more thing. How do you decide which level class to take? I've been riding for about 2 years now, but I'm definately not a pro rider. What things are taught in the beginners class?

Thanks again,
Mini_Thumper
(CRF230)

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Michelle.. Wish you could join us..However when you do come make sure you get to stay awhile..we all have unique and wonderful places to take you riding...nah... neva to old !

Mini Thumper.. My e-mail is....wcrdance@internetcds.. I can better fill you in there on your questions about the guys riding etc..
Nicole might better answer your questions about classes.
Glad you're gonna make it !

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Ladies, glad to see so many interested in coming again. mini_thumper don't worry about the class, I will decide who goes where. I am from Colorado and in school we used to have a ski week and they took everyone up the bunny slope and had us ski down. Then they sent us to the appropriate group. We will do something kind of similar.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Seems as if the 7/8 is the best. Andrea and I actually have a event that weekend but we have both decided we can miss it.

Top Bottom