D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
I've got a Scotts stabilizer and bolt-on mount on a 96 KDX200. I've never been happy with the sloppy mount and the fact that the full steering travel of the KDX exceeds the maximum sweep of the stabilizer.

Years after purchasing the stabilizer and mount, I'm wondering if Scotts has made any changes in the 95-02 KDX mount design to 1) make it more stable, and 2) eliminate the discrepancy between steering travel and damper arm travel. I e-mailed them that query, but confidence is low on a new mounting solution.

What has everybody else done with the later KDXs? I can just about live with the sloppy mount, but what can I do about the excess steering travel? (Or, lack of damper travel, if you want to look at it that way.)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Sounds like you've lived with this setup for quite some time? :scream:

I can't imagine it's be good for the stabilizer to hit it's travel limits before the steering locks hit. Seems like that would tear up / ruin a stabilizer itself. I'd talk to Scott's about getting a "correct" mounting solution in place. You may have to get a new stabilizer as well if yours is now shot.

Can't be safe or helpful for riding!

Top Bottom