Racercr125r

Mar 16, 2003
I am considering getting a Scotts Stabilizer for my bike. I am running regular Renthal 7/8 bars with the crossbar. I was wantin to know if I will need to switch to oversize bars without the crossbar in order for them to work properly. Also, if i do, would tweaking the crossbar on the 7/8 bars work instead of getting oversize bars and clamps. Thanks

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
depends on the bar bend to a degree... you can tweak the crossbar on taller bends for sure.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I think they have the low, front-fender-mount stabilizers. Also much more stable (unless welded) than the upper clamp mount.

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
I have these Renthal Twinwall bars which have a crossbar, like the oldfashioned 7/8" bars, so I had the same problem.
Scotts offers a curved crossbar but I made my own one out of a piece of 12 mm aluminium from the hardware store. I did cut away a small portion of the lower part of the crossbar pad, so that I was able to easily reach the adjuster knob.
But all that isn't necessary because just like someone else already mentioned you can turn around the actuation arm of the damper and then mount the damper "backwards". You should buy and use the arm-puller tool from Scotts for this (isn't expensive)

Top Bottom