dix

Nov 24, 2001
Want to know if anyone has seen or owns one of the SDG Complete Seats? Just curious if they of decent quality and fit.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
I know strach has one, you might want to pm him
But from what he told me it is great, it fits like glove it is lighter than his old seat and the quality of it being put together is great, he also like the gripper cover.

LOL I guess you don't need to pm him now:)

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I haven`t seen any of the MX seats but their mountain bike seats are among the best available.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I've had on on my CR for about 6 rides now.
Quality is top notch, fit is great.
The tabs that catch on the tank & subframe are mucho stronger than the stockers & the rear mounts bolt on nice & clean.
At first I thought the cover was gonna be cheesy but it has survived a couple of incidents that would have trashed a stocker.

My only gripe with the seat is the foam. When I first got it, it was perfect. Not to hard, not to soft. After about 6 hours of use, though it is too soft.
I sent them an e-mail earlier today asking about my options on the foam & have not heard back yet. As soon as I do I will let you know.

E-WA

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 2001
Bought one for my 2000 cr 250, nothing wrong with original just wanted new color. The concept is great, but the vinyl seperated from the fabric at the tank seat combo, fabric did not tear. SDG blamed it on my knee braces. My stock seat had more rides and still looked new. SDG sent me a new cover and then I had to install. New one did the same as the old. Maybe try the new N-style (I think) complete seat.

Wild Hare

Aug 9, 2001
I bought one of these for my wifes KTM 200 for Christmas. Well made, good looking and fit perfect. Alittle softer than the stock seat, griper cover is nice not TOO grippy. I'd buy one again!:)

(rollinp - they had KTM seats when I called - web site still said "soon" )

dix

Nov 24, 2001
I understand that motosport outlet sells the SDG complete seat with the n-style seat cover. Apparently, they were running into the problem of the old cover tearing, but the new one is supposed to cure that, according to a guy I spoke with at motosportoutlet.com.

Joe P. 81

Nov 9, 2000
I just bought one from Motosport Outlet and it came with a One Industries cover. So far I really like it. Especially the fact that I didn't have to put the cover on.:)

Joe

MX145

Dec 29, 2001
Still waiting for the release on the '02 YZ125 complete seat from SDG.....can't wait to get one! Hope it doesn't have a ONE Industries cover though..... not to dis' on Joe P.81...... just didn't have good luck w/my CR ONE Ind. cover. I've personally have had better luck w/durability w/the N-Style covers. Thanks for the info everyone

smooth sail

Dec 10, 2001
I put one on the boys KX. Fit is excellent, quality appears to be very good. Jeff at MX South got it for me.. No complaints from him on the seat, or from me about Jeff..
Smooth

Top Bottom