SDG Speed Mini should I buy for cheap???

snowjw3090

May 12, 2004
Guy dropped a nice SDG Speed mini off to me to fix. Anyways the bike is in geat shape and has low miles no scratches. The only problem is his buddy messed with the carb and it takes 5 min to start and then it runs ok but will not idil. I think it's rich but I know nothing about the bike or how to jet it. He said he bought it and he has lost all intrest in it and said when I'm done it's for sale at $500.00. So My first question is how should I set the carb up at 4000-6000 FT and is it a good buy???? THANKS

snowjw3090

May 12, 2004
Well I took the carb apart last night and the plastic flange that seals the carb to the intake tube on the bike was cracked. But I would think that it would still start fine even if it was leaking air. It also had a 95 main Jet. The needle and seat looked fine also. Any thoughts??? The spark plug was loaded with a little wet gas after I tried to start it though.

BrentBlain

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
ya the crack matters, it is getting extra air so the jetting will be off. Fix the leak then proceed with jetting the bike, other wise you will never get an accurate reading of the bike. $500 bucks doesn't sound too bad for the bike if you want something to play around on. The earlier SDG's had major problems with the gear box so beaware of that.

Top Bottom