Apr 19, 2001
Hi all
I have notice that transmission oil is coming out from the seal close to the chain sproket.
Do i need to open the whole the whole engine to change the seal or can it be changed from the outside ?
Thanks for any anwsers
French 200 kdx



Aug 7, 1999
No you don't have to split the case; you can change it from the outside.
It is a bit tricky getting the old one out, but once you do it's easy after that.
Don't forget to replace the rubber 'o' ring that goes over the shaft once the new seal is in, then the spacer followed by the sprocket.

Good luck!

96 KDX200
remember: skin grows back!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom