Searched but no real answer. What oil for 03' crf450r

y5mgisi

Mar 23, 2007
Sorry dudes i know this question has been answered a few times. I searched but couldnt come up with any real answers. I bought my bike used and was never told what oil it uses on the motor side or tranny side. I dont ride too hard and only ride woods so i dont need a fancy shmancy oil. I just need to know what oil will make bike happy. Id like to just use a normal autmomotive oil in the mtor side and then whatever is needed on the tranny side. Basicly im looking for an answer sort of like "use castrol gtx 15w40 in motor and 80w90 in the trans" Obviously those are made up numbers but thats what im after. Thanks fellas

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
Use the same oil in both, 10W40. 15W40 would be fine in both sides. I've been using Rotella 15W40 in my son's CRF250R for about a year with no problems.

Steve.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Hey Guys,
Honda Specs Two Very Different Oils For Both The Tranny And The Engine. If It Was Me I Would Stick To What They Recommend. These Engines Are Not Designed To Run On Car Oil. Oil Is Cheap, A Blown Engine Or Tranny Isn't. Just My .02 Worth.

Top Bottom