Seat Height question, ....

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Finally I got to really ride my "new" to me KDX 200. Coming of several Ktm's and Suzuki's all I can say is:

I don't understand why only so few people race these things in the woods anymore! Look out orange army ;)
I absolutely dig it, and am as fast or faster on it then any of my other bikes. A great fit for ME.

Now my question:
I feel a little cramped on it, and am looking for a solution.
I have changed handle bars, but would like to get a taller ( and stiffer) seat.
Does anyone have any advice on what to get and where?

Thanks

Wolf

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Do the newer KDX's have a lower seat height?

I would not want my '92 any higher, it's just right like it is and I'm 6'2". Sometimes on uneven ground I have enough trouble swinging my leg over the seat.
I'm sure CC's wife had a good laugh a couple weeks ago as I was trying to mount up. I just could not get my leg over, I was huffin' and puffin' and cussin'! lol

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
I'm 5'11" and the ceet tall foam works well for me on a 2003 KDX200. I'm not as cramped, I can get up on the tank easier and the sitting to standing transition is much easier. That and a set of higher bars made a huge difference. I'm using Renthal Jimmy Button bends but I don't know if they still make them. CR-highs are probably about the same height.

B out

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I am using cr hi's
It is the sitting to standing transition that I would like to improve. I like the low seat height, but figure I have to sacrifice something!
Wibby, don't you have a crane to lift you up there? I do!

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Sometimes I wish I did! ;)

I keep hearing about that sitting to standing transition.... I ride either way, when I need too, but I guess not enough that it is becoming bothersome, I dunno?

Its kinda like that "arm pump" thing I keep hearing about. I dunno what the heck they are talking about..... I may have carpal tunnel, my hands tend to go numb, especially at the start of the ride or on long down hills. When riding with CC I tend to get numb up to my elbows! He likes to ride! ride! ride!..... While I'm more like: ride, rest, ride, rest, ride, rest,...... ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom