01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
That track was insane. Reed's crash was nasty as well. Seems Stewart is getting on a role but it still looks like a long shot for the title. I thought Ralph said Canard broke his Fibula and not his Femur. Did he screw up?

I'm digging these live races. The whole week later thing is terrible. If anything show it on Sunday following the race on Saturday. I hate watching Speed Center or Wind Tunnel to see F1 and MotoGP talk only to find out the SX winner a week before the race airs.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Nasty track. Great race. KW was haulin' tonite. Some of the crashes that they showed in practice were very painful to watch. CR's crash was a tough one to get up and finish from. Only lost 1 spot the KW but beat RV2.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Chad Reed was the fastest man on the planet? How, what, I did see that? CR on the ground also! UNBELIEVABLE turn of events, AGAIN! JBS rode with something I have not seen in him, ever. And he is back in the points! KW, wow, fastest in practice and rode a good race! Nobody got hurt, I hope Stroupe is okay, that track was something else. The lites, yeah the west coast has some racers, also! I did not get the JH love thingy, that tv tried, but when he hit the ground in practice, OUCH! Seely killed them! 2 more? Vegas, worst/lamest track in the series, is going to be the deciding factor, imo.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
01HondaCR said:
...I'm digging these live races. The whole week later thing is terrible. If anything show it on Sunday following the race on Saturday...
The have been showing all of them (Lites and SX) the next day on Speed...unless CBS shows the SX, then Speed shows it the next week.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Boy I'm glad I didn't have to ride that track!
I sure don't belong on a SX track to begin with anyway, but holy cow the ruts! :whoa:

Arm pump city. :ugg:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Good stuff again!

Hopefully the talking head was right about Canard...

Crazy tough track, the ruts were insane. Let's see; Reed fell, Dungey fell.... if I recall RV fell and James didn't? Seriously?

Alesi rode well, looks like that KTM is coming around. How about that venture off the track, could have been ugly, props for keeping it upright.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Who's going to pull it off? I would like to see RV get it. That's where my $ will be. Insanity!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hanson showed a great deal of commitment to stay on the track with the mangled hardware in his hand. With the track being so rutted it had to be major pain for him to hang on to the bike. Cunningham struggled in the main but rode a solid race.
The lites class is showing promise for future seasons. I'm looking forward to the final two races of the season. The E-W shootout should be good.

Last edited:

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Those ruts were unlike any sx race I've seen before. Mud ruts are one thing, but those jump faces, landings, and whoops were incredible. It took "on a rail," and gave that term a new definition.

JBS looks calm and composed, but still fast considering the conditions. Maybe the monkey is off of his back just a few races too late, but it's good to see him ride well. Tutu looked really good all night, but that wreck was gnarly. The same soft dirt we're blaming for the ruts is also responsible for his functioning lungs right about now, I believe.

K-Dub rode a great race. I guess he's the "King of Consistent," and rides at a similar pace regardless of the conditions. That's good for sloppy races, bad for others, but still something of note.

This season has been amazing.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
It just keeps getting better. It was really amazing to see all the craziness/havoc that was going on (esp late), and to see that JBS wasn't involved in any of it. He just got the lead and checked out early, and then seemed to ride a consistent race to the checkered. I kept expecting him to throw it away late in the race, but he never did (didn't even see any of his usual 3-5 "oh sh*t" moments he seems to have every race whether he crashes or not). It's awesome that with 2 rounds left, you have 4 guys w/in 9 points of each other. If RV finishes 2nd or better in the next two rounds, he wins the championship... If JBS wins out and RV finishes 3rd or worse in the next 2 rounds, then he wins... RD and TuTu are somewhere in between RV's likely chances and JBS' pseudo long shot chances.

Lites are awesome as always. I like the east better personally (Barcia is my favorite lites rider), but the west is also good racing. Amazing toughness by "Lil Hanny".

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Respect for everyone on that track! Bubba looked very good, CR hung tough, KW never disappointing, RV and RD still in there, Alessi getting the holeshots again and looking better all the time - bring on the outdoors.

Little Haney still looks like a punk but props for riding it out with bent plates in his hand OUCH!

Best season in a long time.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
? Where, who?
Oops! Meant Cunningham. I was getting ready to change out my DVR and I watched lots of the races I had recorded on the old one.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Any word on which Lites riders are going to move up to the 450's?

Top Bottom