Second Annual “Sick of winter” 05 Spring kick off ride @ Cedar Creek

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Second Annual “Sick of winter” 05 Spring kick off ride @ Holten Horse shoe

Let’s light this candle! I'm thinking a Sunday ride April 3 or 10? Nothing wrote into stone and depends on Woodsy & Big Easy, trail reports? The studs are coming out the Bergs tires this weekend so I'll want to have most if not all the snow & ice off the trail. I'm thinking Brats & dogs for lunch and what ever anything else people will bring? I've a nice new Weber Q grill and will buy the brats & dogs. So I’ll take care of the grilling. Who's in? :ride: :aj:

Last edited:

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
The snow is melting melting. Will post a pic later of the staging area as it looks today. If the weather stays like it is, I bet snow will mostly be gone by next Friday, if we get rain, maybe sooner. I am game for either ride or both, and will give some real time trail reports if the snow disappears sooner. I have the sodas, and water covered for lunch. See everyone soon. :cool:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I am in as long as I dont have another night like last night - I am still up - NO SLEEP YET :yikes:
The doctors keep fooling with my meds and I am SCREWED up!!! I wanted to scoot over and meet the guys this morning but not in my present highhhhhh condition.. Arrrggggg
Anyway, yea, count me in Pat.. I will pick up buns and condoms - I mean condoments :laugh: bag a chips or two too... The weather is suppose to get into the 50's next week and if it does we should be good to go for sure!!! If so, I am breaking Kadie out - its been a longgggg time...
How bout it Timer?? Coming up??
Be great to see some of our east siders too - might as well make it an early Rites of Spring - we could name it "wrongs of sprungs" so we dont get the two mixed up :aj:
I just stepped outside - those guys are having a RIOT over there with out us Pat :(

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well hopefully the snow will be gone by then. Cause if it is anything like what I rode today its gonna be ugly out there.

Our ride today was interesting to say the least. A fwe fella's drove up fron Indiana to ride. They were unstudded and didnt make it 1/4 mile before turning back. Another group came here from Lansing and turned around and went home.

At least Godzuki and I made an attempt at riding. It was ugly out there. Snow was wet and heavy. we made it about 1/2 way around the north loop before bailing out on the 2-tracks back to the truck.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
see my post on todays ride for further commets on riding if it like today was hehe. if we get a all clear for woodsy and big easy then ill go, if there is snow still there like today nope im not going near that one. hehe the trail was pure evil today.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Dont worry Don, a few 50 degree days with a little spring rain and we will be back to "normal"....
I fiqure just I about the time for Marlin's "Wrongs of Sprungs" ride the trails should be PERFECT!!!!
Glad you guys got out of that mess up there safely!
Woodsy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
woodsy said:
Dont worry Don, a few 50 degree days with a little spring rain and we will be back to "normal"....
I fiqure just I about the time for Marlin's "Wrongs of Sprungs" ride the trails should be PERFECT!!!!
Woodsy

Scott It's the "SOW RIDE" Sick of winter! Can't you get our trouble making friend to do a sun dance or some thing like that, to get the snow to melting a little quicker? :nener:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
A SOW ride is exactly what Friday's ride was. I was going riding regardles of conditions.

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
Looks like we might want to shoot for the 10th for the ride. I can check conditions late this coming week but unless something interesting happens with the weather, there will be snow in the trails. Will keep everyone posted. Couple of pics, notice all the snowy crap around. Will post melting pics this week. (HOPEFULLY)

Attachments

• MVC-030F.JPG
    MVC-030F.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 138
  • MVC-031F.JPG
    MVC-031F.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 120

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Got cha Pat!! I was talking to Kadie today and she said she likes tat "SOW" ride idea... She said something like "Nothing like a Kaw riding the SOW" or something like that....
Bigeasy, that jacket of YZMANs is almost bright enough to melt the snow by itself!! Notice how even though he was facing that treachorous trail he still was able to smile from ear to ear :laugh:
OK Timer!! You listening you rotten sucker of a trouble maker?? We need you!! Zuki, Bigeasy, Marlin, Yzman and ol Woodsy are counting on you for some southerly hot air (his specialty folks!!) - maybe put on your Woodsy Shuffle outfit and throw a little Sundance into the shuffle.. Thats right you rascallion - make a little trouble with Mother Nature and send us some warm rain this week.... We are counting on you and your trouble making abilities to pull thru again...... ;)
GO GET EM NELSON!!!!!!!!!! :aj:
Woodsy

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
OK Woodsy, you finally did it. It's warm enough for me to work outside with water, so the hot air will be going across the lake to you today and tomorow. That you are convinced I'm a trouble maker is accepted. Just wait until you get and see the results of the past few months. Your troubles haven't even started yet.

Young Ted

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
guys it was only in the 90's today. Now if'n ya get Young Ted to cook'n them bushy tails and Woodsy tell'n one of his long winded tales. Plus adding the heat from Marks road rash, and Marlins glow from his new berg hauler. I think ya'll could melt lots of snow. Heck ya most likily could be mowing grass by the end of next week.

Brian

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
SGJ_Johansen said:
guys it was only in the 90's today. Now if'n ya get Young Ted to cook'n them bushy tails and Woodsy tell'n one of his long winded tales. Plus adding the heat from Marks road rash, and Marlins glow from his new berg hauler. I think ya'll could melt lots of snow. Heck ya most likily could be mowing grass by the end of next week.

Brian

I GUARENTEE we can Brian if we can get that yahooo YZMAN to keep spreading the human fertilizer like he LOVES to do - I have NEVER seen anyone who likes to poop in the woods as much as he does :)
90?? HOKEY SMOKES!!! Now I suppose your going to tell us that its winter over there?? Should we plan on sending you an air conditioner for your Humvee??
Wodosy

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
INCA said:
OK Woodsy, you finally did it. It's warm enough for me to work outside with water, so the hot air will be going across the lake to you today and tomorow. That you are convinced I'm a trouble maker is accepted. Just wait until you get and see the results of the past few months. Your troubles haven't even started yet.

Young Ted

OH NO!! I think I struck a nerve!!
Well, you better prepare yourself too there MR. Smarty Pants TROUBLE MAKER!! Keep your head down young man because you just NEVER KNOW whats coming your way either :nener:

Woodsy :laugh:

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
hey is this ride going to be this sunday or next sunday, just wondering next might work better but ill see whats up im hoping i can get wolfy to go up with me, but i know how he feels about the whooped out land that is cedar.

say is there anybody from this site thats near my area and going to this, i realy need to either ride with ya's or have you ride with me, i need some one to help with the gas splitting thing, and to think i remember when you could get premium for under a buck i think i payed 96 cents for a little while for that gas, and reg was at 78 cents around then, damn greedy oil companys. :|

Last edited:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Godzuki said:
and to think i remember when you could get premium for under a buck i think i payed 96 cents for a little while for that gas, and reg was at 78 cents around then, damn greedy oil companys. :|

Yahh, them rotten good for nothin greedy rascals! Its almost like they think we could all ride motorcycles or something... Hey - wait a minute, what am I saying, we all do ride motorcycles... Maybe this would be just cause for us to start riding Dual Sport bikes.. Hey, wait a minute, lots of us already do ride Dual Sport bikes.. :rotfl:
See - ol' Woodsy's got an anwer for those greedy buggers, even my KX500 gets 35 mpg on the road and I know a guy with a "legal" CRF450 that gets 55 mpg!!!!!!!!!!! - I say its time to start our own D/S revolution and show those corporate money hoarders that we aint takin it lieing down - we are going use their GREED FOR SEED!! Seed's of fun that is!!
Thats it - the name of Woodsys new D/S group - "GREED FOR SEED".. Goes good with the "On Any Monday" trail riders I think!! :laugh: Make room for another patch there Young Ted!! :yikes:
Now Godzuki, I just gave you a perfect example of how to turn a negative into a positive.. Do you see it?? They (OPEC) think they can ruin our fun, but in fact, if you look closely at it, they are making us have MORE fun by encouraging us to ride our bikes more..
Stick with ol Woodsy, you will be a true optimist in NO TIME!! :rotfl:
I gotta go out and burn up another 50 cents of gas in my TTR225 - it gets 85 MPG so lets see, thats almost two hours of trail time...
Oh ya, I really did check the trails today and if we dont get some rain I have serious doubts that Cedar will be good.. I have to ride the SNowmoble trail and Power Lines here to keep in shape - the MUD is AWESOME to play in right now in the open areas!!!
I will let you guys know (and I am sure Bigeasy will too) what it looks like a little later in the week..
Woodsy

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
alrighty then well my maybe trailor pooling buddy wolfy just needs to when to have a baby sitter for his ankel biters err hey they both ride, so they arnt ankel biters anymore hmmm for his littlen's this sunday. so ill keep my ever layedoff whatchfull eye on here checking back in almost every couple of hours.

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
Half of the parking lot is dirt at Cedar. Looks like the quads been at the trail pretty hard, lots of ice leftin the woods. Bike has had oil change and such today so I will check trail on Thursday after a good rain on wednesday I hope. Brp does not like ice crud in the one laners.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I just got off weather.com, it looks to me that the SOW ride is on for the 3-10-05 lets say 10am key time or so. Remember this is just a fun ride. So let’s start a list of who's going to be there. “Big easy & Woodsy” I’m counting on you two fellows for up to date trail condition reports?

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
Got the trail updates covered Marlin, heck some of us locals should have a couple rides in by then. I don't think it got below 45 degrees last night, and its gonna be nice day. Will keep the THE 10TH OPEN TO RIDE AT 10 AM !!!!. Still planning on chow afterwards?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Brats & Dog's! And what ever we can swindle. I'll need a good count so everybody get enough. :ride: :ride:

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
My place is about 5 minutes from the trail, as an option we could have chow there, as a convienance, or if the weather gets nasty. It IS NO problem whatsoever. :nod: Plenty of parking etc., but, gotta stay in line or Mama put the smack down on me. :laugh:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
BigEasy said:
My place is about 5 minutes from the trail, as an option we could have chow there, as a convienance, or if the weather gets nasty. It IS NO problem whatsoever. :nod: Plenty of parking etc., but, gotta stay in line or Mama put the smack down on me. :laugh:

There is only ONE "TROUBLE MAKER" you have to worry about on this whole forum B.G.. It is that Rascallion Young Ted and even he is very congenial around others - especially ladies so you have nothing to worry about there.. Just pic and choose carefully what you believe that he tells you about myself :rotfl:
Head count should include 3 on my end Pat!! Larry and Randy are going to try and be there with me.. Again, I got the buns (although they have really shrunk with all this weight loss - NOW BELOW 190!!!!!!!!!), the condiments and some chips covered - DO I NEED HAMBURG BUNS???
I am now on my way over to Cedar to do a trail check.. I am D/Siing Kadie over to check it out!! WE LOST A TON OF SNOW TODAY!!
I will post a result when I return!!
YEYYYEYEYEYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Be right back!!!
Woodsy - OUT!

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
The boy and I are going for a ride right now, he is yelling at me as I write this. Who knows we see ya there. If you need some picket fence someone was nice enough to leave some plus an old couch in the parking area at Cedar. REAL NICE HUH !!!

Top Bottom