jfgviper9

Oct 18, 2002
Hi, I'm new here and I'm stuck on which bike to get for my second bike. I'm almost 15, about 5'4", 145lbs and have outgrown my 88 DR100 and I would really like something alot bigger and with alot more power. I've riden my friend's CRF230 and I really like it but I really have no idea cause thats the only other bike I've ever riden. So I'm basically stuck with whether I should get a 230/250 4 stroke or a 125 2 stroke and which models, etc are the best for woods/trail riding. I've only been riding for about a year and a half but I feel im ready to step up to a 125 or 250. I would really appreciate it if anyone gave me some advice on which type of bike I should get. Thanks alot.

BTW, I'm really sorry about putting this in the wrong section and I hope I put it in the right place this time...Newbie mistake...haha

jfgviper9

Oct 18, 2002
I really don't want to spend more than about 2 grand and I'm open to fairly new used bikes...anywhere from 96 to 02 I guess. My riding type is like woods/trails and stuff. I've heard the KDX200 is a good trails bike and also that KTM's are but they can be expensive. Like I said though I really have no idea on which bike are the best. Thanks...

jfgviper9

Oct 18, 2002
Sorry I forgot to add this to my last post...

These are some of my choices (not in any particular order):
1. CRF230
2. YZF250
3. KDX200
4. CR125
5. RM125
6. YZ125

Any other suggestions, advice, etc..?

Anssi

May 20, 2001
At that budget I see a KDX in your future.

The CRF and YZF are both two new to get for that kind of money, and the YZF is not exactly a low maintenance trailbike. You could get one of the jap 125s for the money, but they would probably have been MXd and trashed.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom