Sept 22nd @ MTA

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Fuzz and I pulled in to the staging area, only to find Drtybker waiting patiently. There was something very odd,..usually there are anywhere from 6-12 bikes/riders getting geared up and heading out,..... today there were none!... I got out of the truck to greet Drtybker, everything was uncomfortably quiet,.. I didnt like it! And then there is a break in the silence, the unmistakable sound of gunfire, the shots were continuous, like a shooting exercise of sorts. Well it didnt take Sherlock Homes to figure out that the rangers and officers were obviously using the co-op for practice/running a drill. So better safe than sorry, we made the 40min trip north to Hyde Park, where we knew the riding would be trouble free.
So, with only three of us, we geared up and headed into the woods. The riding was great, the weather was a tad on the humid side, but as long as you kept moving it was good. We made are way through the access roads and got to the good stuff, although the single track is a bit harder to find, it is well worth it! There was no waiting up, all three of us were maintaning a good pace, and our riding skill were very equal. Aside from a couple of Fuzz's 'laydowns' there were no spectacular crashes or otherwise outstanding stunts. The 'Big' hill was quite washed out, and I wasnt feeling ballsy enough to attempt it. We all got a chance to swap rides, (my first time on a GASGAS), the 300SE has great bottom end grunt, the front sticks like glue, and the brakes are second to none. We all agreed that the forks need a bit of plushning. Thanks for the ride Drty.
After aprox 18 miles we found our way back to the trucks where we downed a few cold pops, and it was time to head home. I wish we had enough time to return the gratitude that Drty showed us at his place, but it just wasnt going to happen this time, Maybe next time.
Quote Drtybker " Its all about the riding,...everything else is just BS"
Well said :aj:

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Nice Shaw :thumb: ..Fuzz looked a little on the beat side at work today, wish I was there to rip it up with you guys.. :(

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
It was a great time . Thanks for showing me around guys .
Its a funny thing about gun fire . You just don't mind at all driving a few more minutes to give them all the room they need .
The trails at Hyde park are very nice with alittle of everything . Some of the mud holes were deceptivly deep , but Fuzz was there the day before ,probing them so he could keep us out of the deepest ones.We all swaped rides and I found that I really do like KTM tracters, er , I mean 4-stokes .It was kind of Gregg to say that our skills were comparable , but the truth be known , it was all I could do to keep up with those guys . Fuzz is much faster with out a hangover . :worship:
Thanks again guys and I am looking forward to riding MTA some Sun. And Gregg, I'll try not to molest your front fender next time . :thumb:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Originally posted by dirtybkr
molest your front fender
LMAO :) :thumb: Really Steve,.....its ok, I got another one just like it! :)

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
BTW Rippin, what happen to you Sunday? Couldnt get your PW80 started? :moon:

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
:think: I had no gas or premix, yeah that's it..Staying up till 2:30 that morning is a result in which the death grip on the pillow was more relaxing... Could'nt get up. :o Next time gentlemen, next time..

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
" That's not a pillow " :scream:
Steve Martin and John Candy in Trains Planes and Automobiles .

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…