Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
I have a 1998 kx 250 that i would like to put a tail/brake light on but im not sure exactly what i need. i would like to put the tail light on first then later do the head light. I have the tail light already but what else do i need? Im looking at the electrosport stator : A complete stator that replaces the OE stator on the KX250. It comes exactly like OE as an 8-pole unit on a baseplate with wiring, pulser, grommet and connectors ready to plug into the stock KX wiring harness. The stator comes with a full one year warranty and is a cost effective and high quality replacement. Will this connect right to the tail light? or do i need something else as well?(like a wiring kit) What about a brake light, im looking at electrosports brake switch, is that all that goes into the brake switch?

rostifer

Mar 23, 2006
Go to bajadesigns.com and look at their enduro kit. They have two options, headlight with taillight and hydraulic brake switch or just a headlight. kinda expensive but dang (let me repeat dang) good stuff. Since you have a stator that will save you too. Just one question. I want to know your reasoning when you decided to get a tail light first? Did you want to ride backwards at night?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Moose makes an excellent dual-sport wiring harness, with a voltage regulator that will do the trick. The wiring that comes off the Electrosport stator is designed to be connected into a separate wiring harness. I used that stator and wiring harness combo along with Acerbis head and taillight on my CRF SuperMoto with excellent results. I used a standard Moose hydraulic banjo bolt pressure switch on the front brakes to control the brake light.

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
The tail light was just so i could mount the license plate but now im starting to ride it on the road more so i want the brake light. i also do have a dummy head light but the inside is gutted. Alright so if i buy the moose dual sport wiring harness, electrosport stator, and the banjo bolt pressure switch i should be good to go for the brake light?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
As long as the taillight assembly uses an 1157 bulb or an equivalent three wire socket setup, you'll be good to go.

Here's what the pieces look like.

Attachments

• CRF_dual_sport_DRN.jpg
    CRF_dual_sport_DRN.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Top Bottom