Motoracer13

Dec 31, 2006
OK bear with me Im typing one handed.
So I go sledding with my 9 year old neice last night and told her "1 more time then Im going in,Im cold" Well we crashed. The runner of the sled went over my right wrist. I am going to try to post the pic. The gash was 3/4 inch wide by about 1.5 long and DEEEEEEEEEPPPP!!!!!!!! It went 15% into the bone and severed the nerves and tendons to my thumb. The Doc said 4-5 months to heal. The good news is the nerves were sensory nerves so they dont control function. He said it wont effect my riding at all-other than healing time.
Im not that upset because I look at it in the fact that it was on the side of the wrist and not the inside and that it was my body part, not Shelbys. The only part that I was worried about was my neice. Shelby said that she just had a little "rug burn" on her ear. She asked my sister a bunch of times if the crash was her fault. She is the most tender hearted kid I have ever seen.
It could have been worse, but I am happy this is all that happened. Now the moral of the story....I have got to stop saying stuff like "one more time, one more lap" and so on.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
WOW!

At least your niece was ok, and your going to heal up ok. It could have been worse. ALOT worse!

And yea, that "Last one" kills ya don't it? LOL

If it was the inside of your wrist, it could have gotten REALLY bad :ohmy:. BUT everyone for the most part is ok, and thats all that counts.

(You should get saucer sleds, or a toboggan(Sp?) runner sleds are dangerous!)

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Sledding can be dangerous. My step dad and I bought adult sized GT Sno Racers. Well it melted and bit, and then it froze. So the hill was pure ice. You can't even sit on the GT or you'll wipe out.

Also witnessed the crash of my life...a child, probably 4 or 5, flying down the hill...she's screaming, watch out!!! I guess this kid didnt hear her, he was walking in the same direction she was going. He got nailed in the back of the legs, and landed on his head before his legs hit the ground. Surprised me that he got up and walked away.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Crash always happen when you say ''one last time''.

Top Bottom