kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Well maybe you were faster then them and they are "lacking" ;)
Any way, my daughters are now 17 and 15, they still don't race, but they love to ride and to go to races. But I have noticed a bit of "attitude" from some young males towards them. My guess is insecurity !?
By the way Bubba ( I know I'm suppose to call him James) calls it "fuchsia" :cool:

Oh and I have a very pink t-shirt from the 1987( man I'm getting, old I think it was 1987) USGP at Unadillia With Bob Hannah on it!. So remember pink is cool! ( PS still fits!)

Kevin

megdoeshair

Sep 28, 2009
I haven't had a chance to get back on the forum in a while, but I've been reading the replies when they get to my inbox.

I want to thank everyone for their input!

I've been to a few tracks several times since this post, and I'm still rocking the pink. I've noticed that there still is that select group who stare and have a bit of a snobby attitude, but most people don't really pay attention to what I'm wearing or who I am (which is how it has always been, I guess the a-holes have just multiplied since it's now more obvious that I'm a lady. ahah).

Thanks again, everyone!

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
WEAR YOUR PINK BE PROUDE & RIDE LIKE THE WIND IN TORNADO ALLEY

(keep a camera at the ready, get his picture & license # if he messes
with you again) then you'lle have something to work with.
keep us posted, P-chop... :cool:

DrtBikeMomma

Jul 6, 2009
I don't think it's the pink. I have the pinkest bike set up you will probably ever see. Right down to the pink anodized rims. Ride PG help me set her up as not only a "girl" bike but also as a reminder for some very special dirt bike riders that we have lost over the years; Ed Larosche, Taylor Reynolds and Edmund Herrington.

I race in two regional series and I have never had anything but encouragement from all of the guys. On the track, riders are often surprised when they see us out there but are always nice and even helpful if I end up being upside down pinned between a tree & my bike or something of that nature. The support that I have received from male riders of all ages has been amazing.

The off-road racing world has no doubt seen a large increase in female riders over the last few years. Major companies and many off-road racing series have realized this and are strongly catering to us with more Women's and Girl's Classes and more riding apparel options than ever before. The riders know we are there as well.

There is an extreme amount of respect that we ladies should have for the male riders who are obviously more aggressive and faster while racing. Staying out of their way and being a courteous sportsWOMAN is absolutely necessary. In turn, I do believe that the male riders will respect us just as much.

It's a tough sport, and undeniably a man's sport. It's hard, bruising, dirty, exhausting, the bikes are heavy and they often hurt. But having to prove that we can hold our own is now a thing of the past.
We race within a competition of our own, some of us fast and some of us learning. I consider myself a beginner rider still and although the times that I have actually passed a male rider in the woods have been quite few, I'm glad I was wearing pink when it happened!

Attachments

• LACC.jpg
    LACC.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 188
Top Bottom