TxCr250

Aug 24, 2006
Yes it's in Irving, just past Texas stadium. I've been there, it's a decent place way back in some kind of junk yard. The track conditions are the equivilent of concrete, the white dirt is so hard packed it's insane. Some of the other area's that branch off of it are more of a black soil the closer to the Trinity you get but if you live in the Metroplex and you have to have your riding fix then it will suffice. It's $10 to ride.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Do not venture off of the track....
There is a lot of metal and debris in those weeds. The place *is* in the middle of a junk yard.

The track gets water when it rains.
The track gets groomed 1x every 1.5 years or whenever Charle's equipment is in running order.

Expect concrete with a super-fine layer of silt on top in some places. Marbles (chunked up) in others. Kickers on the jumpes and messed up lips.

If you fall, something will break. It is like falling on Central Expwy.

Eat the chicken, no matter what anyone says. It is tasty.

Be sure to spend some time talking to Charles. You will enjoy it :-)

Croft315

Nov 29, 2006
TeXas_MXer said:
Shady Grove in Irving?
Have any of you ridden then track?
Groomed? Watered?

Any info would be great! Thanks all...

Some local folks refer to it lovingly as "Shiny Groove" if that tells you anything! :nod:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Any riding is good.

It's a kinda rough, dusty, hard packed track with crappy jump faces. Believe it or not... you CAN learn from just about any track. Shallow Grave is no exception. More folks need to nut up and try something different from time to time. They just might learn to hit a freaking jump with something less than a glassy smooth launch and a corner that isn't a perfectly groomed to a loamy fluff. I know many people that would cry about having to do a little desert riding.... "It's toooooooo whoopy...." :laugh:

B

biglou

Shady Grove. Shiny Groove. Shallow Grave. The Greasy Chicken. That place has more names than any other track, I think. Yes, it's close. Yes, it sucks. Yes, I've ridden there. ;)

Top Bottom