Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
I have dunlop 756's front and back. The center knobs are down to 10 mm (front & Back) which is about a strong 3/8 inch. the side knobs are still a good size. The tires don't look bad, rear knobs are a little rounded no chunks missing etc. The front knobs dont' look bad at all. Is 10 mm pretty good evidence that they are worn out. Could you get away w/ cutting a fresh edge into the rear or maybe changing the direction of rotation??

Word up Dudes! Ride on or replace'em??

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I'd say 10mm is pretty worn out. If you only ride on hardpack you might be able to gain a little more bite by cutting fresh edges, but I'd replace 'em.

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
You can keep riding until they're slicks if you like, there's no point in replacing them until YOU feel you have lost too much grip. I used to ride trails and such like and would wear a tyre right down, but for MX I try to get a sharp edge for every race. For the front tyre though I wouldn't let it get too bad, loosing the front end is WAY worse then loosing the back. I usually replace the front tyre when the knobbies begin to crack, although this only happens to certain tyres so you'll need to use your own judgement on that...
Cutting a sharp edge will take a lot of time and isn't really worth it on such a worn tyre.
That didn't really help much did it? Well basically your not going to do damage letting the tyres wear down, except maybe to yourself!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom