XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
So I'm watching the television this morning, thinking about what to make for a late breakfast, and this "shamwow" commercial comes on.

Now, I don't know if any of the rest of you have seen the dude on this commercial, but there is just something smarmy and creepy about him that doesn't ring true with me. Every time I see the commercial I wish I had a shamwow to wipe the oily feeling off me!

I have thought of getting one, though, for cleaning up my dirt bike . . . knew I could bring it back around

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
yeah Pred we're a little creeped out by shamwow as well. Are you following me camera guy??

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I don't know, it sells itself cuz it's made in Germany, ya know.

And what did you decide to have for brefftuss?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
"Annoying little twerp" is the phrase that comes to mind (for the ShamWow dude not VD this time). I wouldn't buy one of those things now or ever.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
You can use it for silencer packing and it actually absorbs 20 times it's weight in sound.
Or something like that.Give or take.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yup talk is cheap. Of course if it's negative talk then I can't imagine it's good publicity.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Hidden within that commercial is the entire reason for the economic mess we're in... we're all spending $20.00 per month on paper towels! Shoulda known.....

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Hidden within that commercial is the entire reason for the economic mess we're in... we're all spending $20.00 per month on paper towels! Shoulda known.....
Or, everyone bought a shammy, the paper towel businesses go under, thousands jobless, millions of lost sales, and he moves to Shammy Land, Pakistan with his fortune.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
2-Strokes 4-ever said:

That's a lotta damned papertowels..

I wonder if that's $20 per month collectively.. :nener:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That's a heck of a lot of paper towels! I buy a package of a dozen of those blue shop towels about twick a year so I guess I'm not helping keep the economy afloat. Come to think of it they are pretty absorbant.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
I might put one of those shamwows under my pillowcase to absorb my drool.
Come to think of it....think of all the toilet paper you cane save!

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
XRpredator said:
Now, I don't know if any of the rest of you have seen the dude on this commercial, but there is just something smarmy and creepy about him that doesn't ring true with me. knew I could bring it back around

Yeah.....but I don't see what's different about him compared to all the other slimeballs on TV infomercials.

I especially despise the one about getting insurance to cover funeral expenses so that no one will be "burdened". Yeah, let's not burden anyone when we leave a 1 million dollar estate behind.

Last edited:

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
Has anyone else ever noticed the blatant continuity error in that confounded commercial?
I believe its when he pours soda onto a carpet square and then lays his shamwhatever on top of it and it absorbs the soda miraculously! If you take the time to notice however, some soda spills onto the table next to the carpet square and when you see it again, the spill is gone! Either they have terrible editing abilities and they' are truly selling a sham, or that thing is magical and can clean up stains without touching them. If the latter is the case, then I'm ordering two!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
stumanarama said:
If the latter is the case, then I'm ordering two!
Hurry for a limited time it's buy one get another free, just pay S&H...

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
stumanarama said:
If the latter is the case, then I'm ordering two!

No need to order, they are already sold in stores! :cool:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Patman said:
Yup talk is cheap. Of course if it's negative talk then I can't imagine it's good publicity.

No publicity is the only bad publicity.

Just getting people to talk about a product is half the battle.

With a product like shamwow there aren't too many other ways to get people to remember it off the top of their head. This moron has everyone talking about it all over the place.

He has increased sales just by increasing awareness.

Ivan

Top Bottom