~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
I don't feel tardy.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
psycho393 said:
In Kansas a 12 year old can get married...... with parental consent, my question is after they are married are they raping eachother?

Marriage in Kansas leads to charges in Nebraska

Staff and Wire Reports

LINCOLN, Neb. — A 22-year-old man who legally married a 14-year-old girl in Kansas after she became pregnant has been criminally charged in Nebraska for having sex with her.

Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning said Matthew Koso of Falls City began a sexual relationship with the girl when she was 13. After she became pregnant, her mother gave permission in May for Koso to take their daughter to Kansas, which allows minors to get married with parental consent.

“The idea … is repugnant to me,” Bruning said.

Koso was charged Monday with first-degree sexual assault, punishable by up to 50 years in prison. He was released on a $7,500 bond. A preliminary hearing is Aug. 17 in Richardson County Court.

“Kansas has this ridiculous state law,” Bruning said. “Of course the marriage is valid … but it doesn’t matter.

“I’m not going to stand by while a grown man … has a relationship with a 13-year-old — now 14-year old — girl.”

Bruning said the girl is seven months pregnant.

She and Koso were married May 3 after getting a marriage license in Hiawatha, Kan., just across the Nebraska border.

Kansas law has no minimum age for marriage, though state judges through case law have set the minimum age at 14 for boys and 12 for girls. Anyone younger than 18 must have consent from a parent or judge.

Nebraska, by comparison, sets the minimum marriage age at 17. In Missouri it is 15, though state statute allows judges to waive the restriction in “unusual conditions.”

Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline has said it is a priority to investigate and prosecute child predators and statutory sexual assault. But his spokesman, Whitney Watson, said Tuesday there is little Kline can do in the face of the state law.

“It would take legislative action to change the law,” Watson said.

Sen. John Vratil, a Leawood Republican and chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said it would not be technically difficult to change the law to insert a minimum age.

“If there’s a will to do it, it’s not very difficult to fix,” he said.

The Hiawatha incident may be the nudge the Legislature needed, he said.

Koso’s attorney, Willis Yoesel, said the girl’s mother and Koso’s parents approved of the marriage.

Yoesel said he has written Bruning, saying the prosecution is unwarranted.

“My question to the attorney general’s office was very simple: Why?” he said. “It’s kind of an unfortunate situation.”

He said the couple is “trying to make the best of a bad situation.”

“The families are all united in this effort. I don’t know who is complaining,” Yoesel said. “What their objective is in this, I don’t know. What benefit is there to anybody in the prosecution of this young man?”

“What their objective is in this, I don’t know. What benefit is there to anybody in the prosecution of this young man?”
uhh... maybe to convince grown men not to go after 13 year olds? Duh.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Okiewan said:
Oh and BTW, Women CAN have their husbands charged with rape.

Can men have their wives charged with rape?

Can men have their husbands charged with rape?

A woman having her wife charged with rape would be interesting.

It's enough to drive ya :coocoo: .

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I find it odd that she didn't get the same sentance as Mary Kay LeTourneua? Is it because she pleaded guiltY? I agree, the standard here does seem to have two faces. If it were a man, he would have gotten a much more severe sentence.

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
As a teacher I can tell you that there IS a double standard in these matters and I don't know if that's going to change. Legally we might get to the point where women are charged similarly to men (In Washington there are a few laws that allow for a woman's greater ahem.....sensitivity?) But in the real world male teachers do face greater scrutiny from students, other staff and the public at large. Biologically, I believe that there may be some precedence to that.

psycho393

Mar 7, 2005
Okiewan said:
Oh and BTW, Women CAN have their husbands charged with rape.
This is different in that, basically an outsider is telling them what they do or don't want. IMHO society believes that at a magical age people are able to decide and not before.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
GETMETOCA said:
I find it odd that she didn't get the same sentance as Mary Kay LeTourneua? Is it because she pleaded guiltY?

No. There were two other boys (16 and 17) who were involved and who her lawyer claims blackmailed her into having sex with the younger one. Supposedly, she had some drinks with one and then some sex went on and then his buddy and him blackmailed her into some threesome action and then blackmailed her into more.

Ivan

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
jeffd said:
There is no place in these United Stated (Kentucky included) where a 13 year old can CONSENT to anything..
You do realise that they now wear shoes in Kentucky? Also, straw hats have been passe' for quite some time now.
Of course I realise that Kentucky has no way reached the socially stable status that the great state of Texas has.:think:

The film "Kentucky Chainsaw Massacre" showed us just how screwed up things can be in rural KY.
:yikes:

I'll tell you what the problem is with this teacher and her antics...
it's nothing more comlex than the feeling us men got when we saw just how hot this teacher was and how we would be glad to have been the kid to bag her. THAT is the problem.

Wait...it may not be the actualy problem here....perhaps the problem is that we have degraded as a society so much that we have allowed such decadent thoughts and actions be given a pass.
Longterm commitments and marriage have been downplayed by our society.
Sex is nothng more than a game to be played by all. Even advocated and taught proper by the public schools.

I think social decay would best describe the problem in a nutshell.

And it's not the government that is going to change ANY of this,.....it is the HOME that must start this ball rolling the other way.

Detonator

Jul 7, 2003
Can't explain it, but I'd feel less outraged if she had been his babysitter or piano teacher. The abuse of her role as a teacher is what gets me the most.

I also don't understand what could possibly attract anyone to a 13 year old. When I was teaching 17 year old girls and I was only 25, I still found them horribly annoying, certainly not sexual objects. I think it has more to do with maintaining a strong sense of staying away from temptation and perversion. Students do get "crushes" on you, but a healthy adult certainly won't reciprocate, and you keep it professional and distant. Now that I have a 6 year old daughter, my Perv Alert is set on high. Everybody looks like a predator to me...

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
Jaybird said:
You do realise that they now wear shoes in Kentucky? Also, straw hats have been passe' for quite some time now.
Of course I realise that Kentucky has no way reached the socially stable status that the great state of Texas has.:think:

The film "Kentucky Chainsaw Massacre" showed us just how screwed up things can be in rural KY.
:yikes:

I'll tell you what the problem is with this teacher and her antics...
it's nothing more comlex than the feeling us men got when we saw just how hot this teacher was and how we would be glad to have been the kid to bag her. THAT is the problem.

Wait...it may not be the actualy problem here....perhaps the problem is that we have degraded as a society so much that we have allowed such decadent thoughts and actions be given a pass.
Longterm commitments and marriage have been downplayed by our society.
Sex is nothng more than a game to be played by all. Even advocated and taught proper by the public schools.

I think social decay would best describe the problem in a nutshell.

And it's not the government that is going to change ANY of this,.....it is the HOME that must start this ball rolling the other way.
Amen, Jay bird you hit that one on the head. :nod:

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Only female gym teachers we had in High School where like Buella Ballbuster

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I got it bad, I got it bad, I got it bad, I'm hot for teacher!

I brought my pencil!

Gimme somethin' to write on, man!

Oh, man, I think the clock is sloooowwww!

Classss dismisssssed!

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Rooster said:
I got it bad, I got it bad, I got it bad, I'm hot for teacher!

I brought my pencil!

Gimme somethin' to write on, man!

Oh, man, I think the clock is sloooowwww!

Classss dismisssssed!

Yea she's hot! :debil:

Top Bottom