awilson40

Apr 13, 2001
I do....

If you have long legs...like me, then they are a bit short. I kept catching the pant legs on my kick starter. so now I tuck the legs in my boots. Looks a bit goofy cuz tyhe legs are looser fitting, but I suppose this would give you more room if you used knee braces.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The worst thing about baggies... can't grip the bike with your knees. Most new MX pants are designed with room for braces. Core IV has a LOT of space. NoFear Elektron (sp?), have less... (at least the 2001 does)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I've got a pair of the Recon pants. They're extremely comfortable for trail riding, and they have pocket for carrying your car keys if you should venture from the parking area :confused:
They're comfy, durable, and reasonably priced. However, if you're built like me (tall and skinny) they'll not be quite long enough, mine look really short, but it doesn't bother me. Also the part about the kickstarter is true, they do catch sometimes and it's a weird situation, you don't know whether to take off or fall down :ugg:

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
There good pants and feel good but like Okie said they are hard to grip the bike with. It all depends on the kinda riding you do trails and backyard stuff it would be ok even racing its ok but for my next pair I'm going back to the "normal" pants or buy shorts.

Matt

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
One advantage is on very rainy mucky days the water won't run into your boots like ordinary pants, so for just trail riding I think they are good. Also the many poskets are useful for keeping googles in, to keep them dry or whatever. They do tend to get caught on the kickstart though so I have a pair of normal ones for MX racing. It looks pretty stupid when you fall on top of somebody on the line because you can't get your leg to the ground cause the kickstart is up your pants....(I know from experience unfortunately)

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I have used normal ridding pants for a long time all I ever wore, then I got the shift I think they are squardon's look like cargo pants. I love'em they aren't tight like normal pants. Your legs don't get as hot and sweaty like when you stuff your pants into your boots. BS about gripping the bike with these pants I can't tell ANY difference. They are sweet pants glad I got'em I didn't think I like them at first I'm not going to wear regular pants anymore these shift pants are way more comfortable. You'll definetly want to go a few sizes bigger in the waist if you wear pads under your gear. Best of all I love all of the pocket space they have. My pants have three pockets per leg. The guys who usually dont like these "baggy" pants are usually older :p j/k guys.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I don't know if you saw this but motoworld has the '01 squadron pants the ones I have on sale for $70! thats a steal compared to the 140 I paid for'em. I say go for those and if ya don't like'em you won't be out of serious cash.

dix

Nov 24, 2001
I have both a pair of the Shift pants and a pair of the Flesh Gear Stealth Pants, and I have to say that I like the Flesh Gear better. The Shift pants fit a little funny, as they seem tight in the crotch and thigh, but really wide in the cuff. The Flesh Gear pants also have a kevlar material on the inside of the leg to prevent wear. These are a tough pair of riding pants, but only available in camo and black as far as I know. The pockets are nice for keeping a spare plug with you, along with a wrench. Flesh gear also has zip off legs that turn into shorts.

Last edited:

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Has anybody tried the No Fear tank pants? I am going to get a pair. I currently have the latest thors(2001), but I want a pant that doesnt allow mud and sand into the boot. With the Thor pants and Alpinestar tech 8's the sand really flows in. I also like the way the over the boot pants look except for those bogus LBZ ones. Could be I am just too young to be a tighty wearin homo. eh Okie.lol:) :)

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
I have had a few pairs of shift pants and I like them but they do have some problems.
Pros- Breath good
dont ride down
lots of pockets
comfortable
cool looking
Cons- Short leg length (Im 6-1 and they barely hit my shoe standing straight)
Material will melt on pipe
Material will shred easy if you bail in anything but sand or mud.
everyone and there kid brother will have the same pants as you
you must wear long socks or your boots will rip your legs up

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom