Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I finally had time to work on my bike, 01 YZ 250. The splines on the current shaft are getting pretty worn and my shift lever is loose even when the bolt is as tight as it will go.

So.. I did some reading here, and the general idea was to remove the clutch and clutch basket to get to the shaft. I removed the clutch entirely and the shift shaft is stuck behind the smaller outter case. So I removed the 8-10 bolts from this case, and it's loose. But when I pull on it to remove it, it seems to be getting stuck on something where the water pump is. I've checked and triple checked for any bolts, nuts, etc that I may have missed, but there's nothing accessible. When I pull on it, it goes about 1/4" before it stops. It feels like metal on metal when it hits.

Anyway, I don't want to stop the project now while I have it all apart, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:
This is the picture of the cover I am removing(item 9 at the top):
crankcase.gif

Last edited:

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
The power valve rod on my kx250 and cr125 attached to my cylender right near the water pump, might want to check that.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Thanks Casper, that was it. The power valve rod and cover needed removed. I just figured this out before you replied. Thanks for the help!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom