Dougie

Mar 2, 2000
And neither do I. OK, gas jokes out of the way. The shock on my WR400 is not holding the gas anymore.

Can it be fixed, and if so, is it worth it?

Should I get a new one, aftermarket maybe?

I had my stock shock setup with Race Tech valves and such. If I go aftermarket, are they better or about the same as a Race Tech setup. Any recommendations?

Thanks, Doug

Marlon

MX-Tech Forum Mod
Dec 23, 2003
Hey Dougie, well it sounds like you'd need a new seal head and bladder. You're probably looking at a rough estimate of $69 for the rebuild and around $50 in parts, if the shock shaft is worn and the cause of the both the seal head and bladder going out, due to pitting then a shock shaft re-chrome can be around $125. As to whether or not you should go aftermarket or not? I'd say no. You can have your current shock rebuilt and the bladder/seal head issue taken care for less of the cost of going aftermarket. An aftermarket shock could range between 500-1000 and those are definitely not figures we'll be working with in this case.

815-936-6277 give us a call we can take care of it for you...

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Recently I changed the seals and oil in my shock and had it charged with nitrogen but it didn't hold because some metal pieces had broken off when the mechanic used a push-on connector instead of a screw-on (because there wasn't space with the shock still on the bike).
So you can take out the valve core and make sure it is clean then put air into the shock to see if it will hold. Or just change the valve core.

Top Bottom