tommyaus

Feb 22, 2010
hey, i just purched this shorty off the net thinking it was the shorty you see on most bikes but it came as this? its for a 02-07 CR250. mines a 03.
what sort of shorty is this, ive got a powercore 2 and is only a lill shorter than that but its thicker? what would be better?
i was gonna cut the powercore2 in half 2 make it a shorty but dont know what to do?
i dont have much coin at the mo as i had a car accident monday n dont want to buy a 3rd pipe.
thanks. tom

Attachments

• Shorty2.JPG
    Shorty2.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 288
  • Shorty.JPG
    Shorty.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Looks normal to me. What exactly do you want it to do? Don't be expecting much more than more noise.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
My general rule of thumb, Arena cross tracks gets the short silencer, and outdoor tracks get the long ones. Louder, probably. I have hacked longer silencers to suit my needs. I am sure there is a point of to short also. I copied a modded pros' silencer to start with. Vintage Bob

tommyaus

Feb 22, 2010
im not doing it to make it louder (itst loud enough) my mates got a shorty on his yz250 n its half the size and made lot better difference to bottom end. i dont see how this one being shorter but thicker can make a difference to my powercore2..

Cr250r07

Jun 21, 2010
yeah im all for quieter exhausts. my cr250 is loud enough with the stock silencer

Top Bottom