Optik

Mod Ban
Dec 27, 2001
PLEASE HELP! The flexy frame on this bike is driving me crazy. Everytime I corner in the bush or hit my fmx ramp at home the bike wallows uncontrolablly. I've had a ton of get offs in the woods because of this and I'm also having trouble doing heel clickers off my fmx ramp because the bike feels so unstable on the face of the jump.

Any suggestions?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Sounds to me like you are using your KDX for a use that it is not intended for. Sometimes we expect one bike to be able to cover all types of riding and life just doesnt work like that (at least for me)... I might suggest that you try a Honda CR125/250 as they have plenty of rigidity in that duel spar aluminum frame!! Keep whipping on that poor little KDX and things could get REAL ugly (ever see one break in half?).
Woodsy

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
Are you POSITIVE it is frame flex? Unless it is a relatively new bike, you may have swingarm bearing problems or looseness in the steering head. Wheels bearings will also make a bike real squirelly.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
He did say that it was flexing when corning too. It shouldn't flex (so minimal you shouldnt be able to feel it) while turning in the woods, I would venture a guess that you may have other problems. Look into the swingarm, linkage, and wheel bearings. And stay away from fmx ramps! You're gonna kill that poor bike!

Is it possible he's having a rear shock problem? He did say it "wallowed." I'm wondering if you need to stiffen your compression a little.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Also tear down the frame and check for cracks and breakage. My guess between the headstem, wheel bearings and rear suspension/swing arm you are going to find numerous neglected maintenance items causing your problem. Add that to some possible frame breakage and you have flexible perimeter frame!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom