TSFranklin

Feb 5, 2001
I just bought a pair of Sidi SRS Flex boots and tried them this weekend and was very disappointed. They fit and feel very good, however when I road with them , I could not feel anything. I kept mis-shifting and breaking. I think I could break in the top piece on the shifter side, but the sole on the break side is what has me concerned. Will that eventually break in? I almost went over the bars the first time I stood up, I had my foot on the break and did not even know!! I felt like I was a beginner again, put on my old Fox boots and I was ripping again!

Any input is appreciated.

dko36

Jan 14, 2002
I would also be interested in impressions of the Sidi SRS. I'm considering a pair. A friend says they eventually break in to where you can feel the pegs under you, but I'm interested in other's impressions also.

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
Like any boot, they require some breaking in. Every boot is going to require some "getting used to". Be patient. Mine took about 6 rides to be fully comfortable. I would not trade them for any other brand.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I don't ever feel the pegs with those boots, but why would you want to? IMO, the super stiff soles are great and once you get used to the "blind" feeling, you will probably like it too. Give 'em time.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Here is what I thought. Click Here

Or read what Rich thought. Click Here

I am still wearing them and am sold. They are hands down the best boot I have ever owned. I have thoroughly abused them and they have yet to let me down. They are WAY more comfortable than my T8's and much less bulky.

When I first tried them I had a hard time feeling the pegs because the sole is so stiff but after a few hard landings (over jumping) I was happy that I had them.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
And on top of what Thump said. My feet are dry (on a wet ride) when all my buddies with Alps are complaining about wet feet. I love mine.

Cactus Rider

Sponsoring Member
Jan 11, 2002
I ride SIDI's TAE FLEX, that's the twin brother of the SRS,with the conventional sole.
I liked the hook-up feeling of the heel better than the
flat bottom of the SRS.

Furtheron, no boot ever felt so comfertable and secure as this pair:cool:

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I believe both the Force and the Tae boots come with conventional sole or the thicker SRS (sole replacement system).

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
Give them a few rides. It took me a little while to get used to the different feel of the boots. I had some of the same problems you described for about 2-3 rides. Now, I don't have any problems with them at all. Actually, now that I'm used to them, I really appreciate the stiff soles--I never have any pain in my ankles or feet from hard landings!

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I felt the exact same way the first time I rode with my new Tech 6's, after wearing a set of worn out over time Hi Point Pro GPs. I couldn't feel anything, and it felt like wearing platform shoes or something.. Talk about spodely riding!

After wearing them once, that riding day really rubbed me the wrong day. Nothing was going well and I didn't have any fun. I didn't ride again for a few weeks, and next time out everything felt fine, I've loved the boots ever since.

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
It took me about 3 rides to get used to them, but when it comes to hard landings they're awesome and don't even want to think about trading them on anything else.:)

Budda

May 24, 2000
I wore Tech 6's before I got my Sidi's. Excellent boot. My favorite aspect is actually the buckles. I always had a hard time buckling up my Tech 6's, but the Sidi's work smoothly, and the adjustability is excellent. I especially like the ability to adjust the upper part of the boot for larger calves.
I think Alpinestars are a little overrated, and I'm happy to have a great alternative.

TSFranklin

Feb 5, 2001
Thanks for the input. I will give them another shot. Motonation is being very helpful, they told me to try them out ( not to race) but just try and see if I can get use to them, if not they will work with me. For the most part I am a woods rider and not to into BIG jumps, which is where the real advantage seems to be on the SRS...I keep ya'll posted.

Thanks

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
To me they feel alot better and way less bulky, but I just tried the tech's on in the store, but it was enough to go with the sidis.:)

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Give them time. Mine were the same I hated them for the first few rides but they break in and you'll get some feel. They are pretty hardy and have lasted well, plus I have a wide/fat foot and Sidi provided my duckfeet with room and didn't crush my outer toe (da liddle fella). I'll go with them again at replacement time.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I've worn Tech 8's since they came out and Sidi Force last year, prefer the Force.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Both :)

The SRS soles are no doubt stiffer than the regular soles. But, they are not stiff at the ankle like you may think, they are stiff at the sole only. I have no trouble shifting, etc, and like it's been written, they are great for hard landings. You do need to get used to the feel on the pegs, but it's well worth it. They aren't as comfortable to walk in as the non-SRS soles, but walking is not my priority for MX boots.

TSFranklin

Feb 5, 2001
I ended up getting the Non SRS boots and really like them. I mostly ride woods and could not get use to the stiff soles. If you jump much or ride MX mostly, go with the SRS, other wise go with the standard soles.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
How would you compare the ankle support. It looks like the Sidi's have quite a bit of ankle support. Im not sure about the tech-8's. My boots right know which were my first boots i ever had (MSR World tours) pretty much have no ankle support. I Fell off my bike last year and those boots did absolutely nothing for me. I ended up with a spained ankle. Thx again

'00kx250spode

Oct 21, 2000
Is there any website that offers the boot for less than $300 or at least includes free shipping?

I always like to get the best deal to justify the purchase! ;)

Also... I wear a 9 or 9 1/2 - depending on the boot. Did you find the SIDI's to run large or small?

Top Bottom