vic580

May 9, 2002
I have been shopping around for new boots to replace my tech 8's.I have tried on Gaerne SG-10's and Sidi SRS Force boots.The Gaerne's do not seem to pivot a the joint,the inside of the boot bows out and they feel stiff.The Sidi's fit like a glove and had perfect up and down foot movement but I am worried that the lack of leather on this boot and all the screw on parts might cause a problem.I mostly trailride with a little racing in between,would the srs sole be better or the sew on sole.I tried the Tech 6's and Fox boots and did not care for them and did a search on this subject and just wanted to ask this in my own words,I wear a size 13,thanks ahead of time. :bang:

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
A super stiff sole works great for coming out of the sky off of big jumps, but not as good as a softer sole everywhere else. A little softer sole increases the sensing of the shifter and brake pedal. Since I'm not the Jump King I prefer a little softer sole. Any new boot is a little hard for me to get used to the lack of feel of the brake and shifter compared to the feel of my old soft boots. I wear Sidi Raptors.

vic580

May 9, 2002
Thats what I thought.I have been riding for 34 years and have gotten used to old hi points,munaris etc.,there is nothing like the feel of leather boots,todays boots with all there plastic makes it hard to feel the controls.Me or the 15 guys I have ridden with over the years have never had an ankle or foot injusry from leather boots.I have almost thought about buying a new pair of Hi points to replace my 27 year old pair but now that I am older (43) the protection issue has become more important.Does anyone know how durable the Lorica is in the Sidi boots? :bang:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I have the Sidi Force boots with the regular sole and I am really happy with them. They broke in quickly and feel stiff and supportive but I have no problems moving around on the bike or shifting or whatever. I don't think there is a problem with all the plastic. I lost one of the metal toe guards, but that is about it.

vic580

May 9, 2002
Thanks for the reply,thats what I needed to know.My Tech 8's are on **** right now,the Sidi Force boots will be in my hands soon. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom