gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Today I went to try on the sidi flexforce and alpinestar tech-8's.Well nobody had the sidi's.Looked at Plano Honda,Central Yamaha and the suzuki and kawasaki shop.I tryed the tech-8's on at Plano Honda they were extremely comfortable, but were bulky and felt heavy real heavy.So I took a chance when I got home I got on and ordered a new pair of sidis.:scream:I will let you know how things go with the boots when I get them.:D

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
If you liked the Tech 8s'. You'll love the Sidi. Feel like a nike on your foot.

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
After reading the reviews that's what I thought.If there is something terribley wrong on how they feel I will just send them back.:think

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Does anybody know whether Sidi now has any other boots than the Flex? I had first gen. TAE Flexes, and the hinge system crapped out pretty soon (the upper part of the boot got torn through below the hinge so it wouldn't hang on anymore).

They have improved it's protection now but I still don't trust it (I seem to shred boots pretty quickly, I know people who have had no such problems with the Flex).

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
I only had my sidi force flex srs boots about a month before I started having problems with them coming apart. Getting replacement parts has proven to be a mission also. I would say go with the tech 8's much better value for your money.
01cr250 02yz250 02yz125

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Oh yeah, after the Sidi's I got Tech 8s. The soles wore through in no time. Got the replaceable things. They won't bloody stick whatever I do with them (obviously I followed the instructions the first time around.) Now the whole sole is coming apart.

I will get the basic Sidi's if they are still available and get the Tech 8s repaired by a shoemaker if I can find one that can do the job.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I just got a pair of the Sidi Tae-flex SRS boots and they are OHHHH so comfy! They are light, thin and the buckles work perfectly. The adjustable calf is ingenious and the foot box area is very short so it fits under the shifter better.
Also, for all you who have had problems with the hinge, you must replace the parts every so often and take it apart and lube it every couple of rides. Your boots need maitanence too!

400F MAN

May 19, 2001
so far so good

I have a pair of flex force srs boots and they are very comfortable and lite. kawie kx 125 was right about the maintance part of the boot. I can say that they really are a good fit. I live on Long Island and there is sand everywhere you look and I havent had any sand in my boots yet.I hear that the normal flex force boot has a little more fleabile sole. I also heard that some people didn't like the srs because they were too stiff. I personaly like them because they are so stiff. Hope you like'm. Good luck.:cool:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by Wraith
If you liked the Tech 8s'. You'll love the Sidi. Feel like a nike on your foot.

:think So Wraith, did I help fund new Sidis 4U (lol.)

That's fine; just teasin'. I'm pleased with the T6s U sold me.

No offence, folks, but the Sidis hurt my eyes...they are comfy, tho.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Yes you did placelast. Glad you liked the boots. Those Alps had nothing wrong with them. It's just that the Sidi boots are so comfy, and offer better support and the protection is at least the same if not better. The big factor was the cofortable part.

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
They are supposively coming in today.:) I hope they do and id they do I'll post my first thoughts about them and how they feel.On another topic my thumb and around it is swollen around half a inch wider than my other one.Its blue on the inside.If the swelling don't go down my Sun. I think I have to get it X-rayed so I won't be riding this weekend or be playing baseball.:( O well I guess things like that happen playing football.:think

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Got them in today.They are the white/black ones size 11.I wear a size 12 or 11 and half shoe and fit good.Like the overall look of them and are extremely comfortable just as comfortable as tech-8's to me.They are lighter and not as bulky either.I love these boots so far.;)

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
Sidi's rock. I've used them all year and they still look like brand new. I did pull a hinge through the plastic in a nasty crash. I called Motonation (Sidi importer for the USA) and I had a new hinge in a week. Great boot, great customer service, and most importantly, awesome rider support!!

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I found a good trick to help keep the toes from getting chewed up. Get some Shoe Goop and, using disposable rubber gloves, apply a thin layer of the goop over the toe area above the sole.

Top Bottom