'90 SSC Clone

Jan 19, 2006
Saying howdy to all. Just getting back into the dirt riding. I haven't yet bought one for myself but will get one around summer time. My 5 year old has a Suzuki JR-50, the 14 year old has a Honda XR-80 and I bought the wife a Yamaha TTR-125 for X-Mas. I'm plannin on getting a Yamaha TTR-230 around summer time.

The wife and I both have Yamaha R1's, so riding is nothing new to us. I rode and raced in the dirt as a kid, but that has been awhile ago! It sure is fun getting back into it.

Looks like a nice site here guys and gals. Hope to be chatting with some of you soon.

Bobby

David Bird

Jun 28, 2003
Street to dirt...

Welcome to the site Bobby! It sounds like you've got all the bikes you need to have fun in the dirt already! Just grab the bike of who ever's taking a break. Funny thing how riding never gets out of your system. Even if you haven't ridden in a while (in your case, dirt) you're always thinking about it. Welcome back to the sport. Surely you have fond memories of all the great people you rode with when you were younger. You picked the right place to chat, nothing but five-star folks in this group. Depending on where you live I'd venture to guess there's a group of folks from this site that aren't too far from you. Have fun shopping for your new scoot! Take care!

Dave

'90 SSC Clone

Jan 19, 2006
Thanks Dave, I see that you are from the OK City area, I am currently in Altus, OK for school. I'll be leaving for home next week. I live in Magnolia, AR.

You are 100% correct about bringing back memories when I jump back on a dirt bike. I have a lot of fond memories from riding as a kid. We always rode as a family and groups of friends.
I hope to pass that on to my kids. I'm having a blast watching my 5 year old ride his JR-50.
But the wife grounded me from riding the 50 because it put me in the ER for about 3 hours one afternoon! :ugg:
Realized real quick that a grown up can't get off those darn little things quick enough to escape injury!

Bobby

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site Bobby :cool:

Thanks for setting up your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the Heartland Spodes forum for opportunities to hook up with some great folks. Home local club for DirtWeek, these guys are some of the finest guys on the site. Check them out.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom