Walt Hollis

Apr 8, 2002
My son is ready to move up from his KTM 50 Sr. to a 65. We have had him sit on the new Suzkaw 65 and it's just a scooch big for him. I have heard that the KTM 65 is a slightly smaller bike, but I can't find one locally to try on for size. Anyone know if they are any smaller?

Thanks, Walt

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
haven't had our kid sit on the KTM but noticed they look about the same as the KX/RM at the line. You can buy a longer dog-bone linkage piece to bring the rear down. Not too hard to make on your own but only cost $100.
Also you can shave the seat foam a bit. I had that done for $40 locally including making a new cover. Also you can weld a second set of pegs to the top of the existing ones. A really small local guy rides like this.
If the bike is just a little too big just shave the seat a bit and call it good. Our kid uses blocks to start from the line and berms and such while on the track. He'll grow in to it quickly and the physical size doesn't matter as much as how much time he practices on it. Check out RC. If it was only about size he'd have to ride and 80 all the time8*)

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I Know for 85 they make linkage bones that lower the seat hieght one inch. They run about $80. I am not sure if they make them for 65 but you can go to mx south under the suspension section an look them up or call them they may know. Hope this helps.

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
The KTM 65 is actually a tad taller than the KX 65. It is also taller from the foot pegs to the seat and to the handle bars, making it a more open bike for the larger kids.

If your racing AMA or NMA, double check the stock rules before modifying the seat foam heights.

Kawasaki makes several different linkage arms to furhter adjust the seat height on the KX's.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
yeah I wasn't really thinking about that. I know at Loretta's...AMA you cannot have a seat cover other than original type material. NMA is pretty forgiving. I really doubt anyone local would protest you for seat though. But at the Nationals or regional qualifiers all bets are off.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom