teamgrizzly

Nov 25, 1999
I toasted the water pump cover on DRZ at a race. :( I'm used to riding a 2-stroke so the pipe usually takes that kind of hit. :whiner:

I was wondering if anyone could give me some good tips on some armour protection that I could buy or make. I'm looking for a skid plate in particular, but I wouldn't mind hearing about anything else.

The bike already has DeVol radiator guards and Barkbusters.

Mike / Team Grizzly

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Try baja designs. They make a nice one with optional side covers for those thin clutch and ignition covers. Utah sport cycle makes some good plats to.

Also there is a guy that sells some cool stick on billit side covers.

Good luck

B

biglou

Mike-I think any of the big name aluminum plates will fit the bill for you. I had an E-line carbon fiber plate on my DRZ, and while it looked really cool, I had some issues with the fit of it. Mostly the lining up of the mounting holes and the case oil drain hole location. I did send my issues to Kevin Hines and he responded favorably, but I do not know if there were ever any adjustments made to the plate. It also butted right up against the frame drain plug, necessitating the removal of the plate for oil changes (Making the case drain hole location a moot point). Like I said, look way cool, but more trouble than it was worth, IMO. A good aluminum one will suit you well and you should be able to find one in the $65-80 range easily.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
moose makes a really descent skid plate .I have had it mounted since day 1 on my 00 kx250.They have 3 clamps instead of 4, like works connection.The works connection clamps touched my cases on the clutch side rear and they have phillips screw heads instead of allens like the moose.You can get a better bite with the allen heads,but even better I replaced them with socket heads.The moose skid has an extension flare for the ignition side and water pump side,solid product.My friend has the e-line for his yz .That does look like a descent product also.The moose would be a little cheaper priced if that concerns you.

Top Bottom