Cambridge

Feb 23, 2007
These will be for a 2006 RM125, which will be used for mx. Where I ride is very rocky, so the products Im after need to stop damage from roost, not from log crossing etc.

For the radiator guards, I am after the best side protection. I am willing to buy the full guard if it offers the best side protection. It seems WC and Devol are the best, since bulletproof designs dont make one for the 06 rm125!

As for the skid plate... I was thinking the Moose skid plate. I am after a plate that covers the frame rails completely (unlike the WC).

And for the exhaust guard I think Moose seems to be the best. I am after just a plain aluminium one. It will be for deflecting roost, not logs! So I dont think I need the Eline carbon fibre ones.

And protection for me... I need some new boots! I was looking at the Tech 6, Tech 7 or the Fox F3. They are all priced roughly the same, however I am unsure which ones offer the best protection and are the most comftable to wear!

If there is a different brand I should be looking at please let me know! All help is appreciated!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I felt the WC Rad braces were a complete waste of cash on my sons 03 RM125. The only crash he had that I felt put the rad at risk crushed it as well as the brace. I would look for something sturdier, I always planned to get a look at the Devol but no one around here carried them.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I second Chili on the WC braces. Small tipover and both the rad and the brace were bent. The rad was repairable the brace was not. Prior to that we had always used Devols but were convinced not to on the new 450 because we were told they cut down airflow which could cause problems on the 4 stroke. Prior bikes never had a crushed rad with devols. The only problem I had with devols was on wet sand tracks- the sand would go thru the grid and lodge in the rad fins eventually filling the gap between the rad and the devol. After it happening in 2 straight motos at Milleville last year the devols were gone and the WC experiment started with the dismal results

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
oldguy said:
were told they cut down airflow which could cause problems on the 4 stroke.

I went with the WC braces for this reason. I have had a few get offs and the radiators look fine. On the other hand, the kid got the Devol's for his 450 and has had no problems over heating.

FWIW, the WC skid plate covers the frame rails on the CRF450, but doesn't cover the water pump very well.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
rickyd said:
I went with the WC braces for this reason. I have had a few get offs and the radiators look fine. On the other hand, the kid got the Devol's for his 450 and has had no problems over heating.

FWIW, the WC skid plate covers the frame rails on the CRF450, but doesn't cover the water pump very well.
Ricky we ran the Devols on 2 250Fs and the 450 until the packed with sand incident. That did cut the airflow off completely.
Up until they packed up we didn't notice any overheat problems either and they did save the rads from some bad impacts. One time Spider took another bikes bars into the front of the devols so hard it completely bent the devol all the way back to the rad but no damage to the rad. Without the devol we would have been replacing a rad that day

Cambridge

Feb 23, 2007
Alright so WC is out of the picture.

So it is either Devol or those CRD ones, however I cant find if CRD makes them for a 06 rm125. Would anybody know?

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
As for the sand bit, I'd swear I've seen photos someone mounted Devol's (or others) and also put the plastic louvers back on over top of the whole mess.

I don't think I'd do it all the time, but keeping them around for use in sandy conditions might be a good idea.

Cambridge

Feb 23, 2007
I think I have decided on the CRD radiator guards, moose pipe guard but am unsure on which skid plate.

I am looking for an aluminium one, In the the 'glide plate' style (without the side bits), however I would like one that covers the frame rails completely.

Thanks for any help!

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
as for boots i have the tech 6's. i really like them they broke in well and are comfortable. the only problem with them is they dont have an inner liner i think the tech 7or 8's have the liner for easier cleaning.

Top Bottom