Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
Whats a good skid plate and does not add alot of weight? I saw the dealer has a works connection one in are they any good?.

Matt

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
E-Line has a kick butt carbonfiber application for most late model bikes. What flavor do you ride?

Antman

Dec 17, 2001
I purchased the E-line skid plate and cracked it on the first jump I cased (unintentionally of course). While the plate looks good and fits well. I think it will not stand up to the abuse an aluminum one could take. This was on an '02 CRF450.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I have been running Works Connection plates on my MX bikes and have been very satisfied! They are very durable, fit great, and have a big enough hole to change the oil without making a huge mess.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Antman I'd venture that you had a significantly defective skid plate from E-line. I ride in rocks all the time and have only seen surface scratches. Breaking a 1/4" thick carbon/kevlar part that was laminated and processed correctly is pretty difficult.

Antman

Dec 17, 2001
I usually ride the MX track, but I ride fast trails as well. I used to be strictly trail, but have fallen in love with MX racing. I do some trail racing, but it kills me and my motorcycle (getting old).:cool:

Top Bottom