LittleE

Jan 9, 2006
Okay, so I have just gotten some birthday money and was trying to think of the next good mod for my bike. I have done all the engine work I want for now, and my main consideration right now is a skid plate. What I am wondering is: How important is having one of these? I ride woods and enduros and just don't know if it is worth the money to buy the plate. I searched for the answer but couldn't find anything really satisfying. Thanks in advance.

mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
they're worth it when you concider how much it would cost if you punched a hole in the crank case or one of the side covers, it'll make it a bit easier to get over big logs in certain situations too.

jonnyriabov

Oct 27, 2005
I think they are worth it, they may collect mud, and produce annoying rattles from rocks that get lodged, but simple annoyances are far more welcome than a smashed bottom end......... If you dont want a full skid plate, get a glide plate, it only covers the bottom section and does not wing out on the sides.

jonny

Dave.Smith

Dec 15, 2002
A skid plate will protect the frame rails and usually saves your side cases, water pump and crankcases from damage. It also offers some protection to your shifter and brake pedal. Pretty cheap insurance IMO.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I think it is a must have item, and I really like y E-line Carbon Fiber one!!

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Skid plates are a must have for off-road. Get an aluminum full-coverage skid plate as I find that CF isn't quite as durable. I would also look at getting radiator braces, barkbusters and a pipe guard.

Top Bottom