Skidplate options for KDX, & other accessory ???

bmonnig

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2002
Guys,
Having taken my KDX 200 on it's first sizeable ride today, I find myself looking for a skidplate. I didn't case on any rocks, but a few of them had me considering the possibility!

Will skidplates for KX's fit, or will I be looking for KDX specific? If some KX year will fit, I can look for a used unit. If KDX specific, what sites have the best pricing on aftermarket parts? I'll probably be picking up a PC pipe, or maybe FMF Torque.

I've also got questions about a few other goodies...What are the thoughts on the Acerbis/UFO plastic-AL reinforced handguards? I came close to clipping a few trees today, and that had me pondering the sturdyness of the stock guards. :| I've had several MX guys warn me away, saying "bark busters" are a great way to break an arm (getting caught between the grip/bar and the "barkbuster"). However, all my woods riding buddies have them and love them.

Lastly...do the plastic front rotor covers serve a functional purpose, or are they cosmetic only? I'll spend money to protect my bike, but I don't want to spend money for looks only.

Thanks for the help,

Brandon

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
Rocky mountain is good place to look for parts and accessories. The skid plate was the first thing I got. It really isn't that expensive, considering what it protects. I don't know if the kx plate will fit, but it's just held on by clamps. You might just have to relocate the mounting holes. Bark busters, why would a mx rider need a pair. There aren't any trees on a mx course. Go to a hair scramble, most of the riders use them. Passing on tight trails and banging hand guards is better then smashing your fingers. JMO.

fury1

Sep 15, 2002
the only type an mx rider might want is the flag stlye,that is just the plastic guard not connected to the end of the bars for roost protection

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom