dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
i haven't been out to monroe... since before the name change. but i was wondering what's going on at SRMP? is it still open? has anyone been there lately? did they ever finish the quad track? are they running races now, or is it still just a practice track?... will they ever? they haven't updated the web page in a while.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I was just there yesterday hanging out still no quad track yet, and its still only a practice track. Yes its still open, it should stay open since the owner has all the legal permits needed to operate it as a practice track partly why memberships are so expensive. The pervious owner had no permits of any kind. There's also some other track in monroe but its very private from what I understand its called the coyote track. I don't know where it is exactly so where up by high rock. Only like 30 memberships allowed.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I think Coyote is full right now, not accepting members.

John did have all the permits, as well as an understanding with the city council. He also had the proper insurance. What happened was the owner of the land sold the lease out from under him to the current owner.

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
hmmm... the owner sounds like a real nice guy :think:
are they actually going to build a seperate quad track, or just talk about it and continue the hazard of both riding the track at the same time?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well, there's no easy way to own the land or operate a track. I have heard wildly conflicting stories about what really happened. I know and like the guy who used to run the track but haven't met the new guy. I should stop saying anything unconfirmed here; what I said above was only hearsay.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I'm going to go there this sunday the weather should be nice. Last sunday the track was nice and groomed and looked really sweet. All the jumps were nice and round nothing intimidating if you didn't want it to be.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
This will be my first time riding on the new track the weather tommorow will be nice. I'll post a report on what is it like.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Okay it was pretty kewl the track wasn't that hard really it wasn't :) The double jumps didn't have that, if you case it your dead type of gaps pretty smooth. From what I understand the track layout changes about every week or so.

Top Bottom