SMB_Racing Hare Scramble April 5th and 6th

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
Alright guys, i set the date, daniel seems to not have a big deal about the date, so i figure jeff won't either. anyone that didn't make it to the event last year i will fill yall in as to what is going on. Last year it was a 3.4 mile track, this year we hope for about 4.5 mile. The location is just outside Wellston, Ohio, anyone needing directions leave a post on here and we'll hook ya up. We are wanting to have a bonfire Saturday night, so BYOB and food, we'll bring the wood. The course will be fully arrowed, just like last year, and we are not sure if we are having it as a Team event like we did last year, we'll decide that the morning of. Start time will be about 10 a.m, but we can work on that also. Pass the word along, everyone is welcome. Hope to see the riders from last year, and alot of new faces also. This is gonna be fun.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I'll be there atleast one day for sure. As long as it's not snowing :|

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
well this should be a good race, all the SMB-Racing crew and dennis, i hope more are coming out than just him, no offence dennis, but are putting alot of time in this one again, would love to have some people come out and tear it up for us

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
well guys u still interested in this one? wanted to know how many o expect, the post has kinda died as of late

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
If you guys can't make it on the weekend prez is talking about then we could reschedule. Looking for a good turnout this time, the trail is easily ridden by anyone, not too many of the expert sections like last time. There's a 3/4 miles long grasstrack that's just absolutely a blast, fast as you can go and lean in for the curves. Hope to see all the regulars and a some new faces too.

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
Hmmm. I plan on attending. I want to spend some time on the bike before my easter trip to Hatfield McCoy.

I'm moving to Cleveland this weekend, so I need to get hooked up with some people to ride with in Ohio.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
good to see some people are still interested. we will ride wether or not lots of people show, so come on down guys, we'll show ya a good time.

GNCC387

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2002
Bump

DEA

Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by smb_racing [/

the trail is easily ridden by anyone, not too many of the expert sections like last time.

Is this open to anyone?
I may give it a whirl.Sounds like a good place to get started again(been out to long)
DEA

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
anyone and everyone that wants to join us. might end up being just a trail ride, but we will be doing riding both Saturday and Sunday. HOPe to see lots of riders there

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Dennis and I are talking about coming down Sunday. I can't commit 100% yet but it's looking good. Dennis and I have been riding twice already. He's getting pretty mean on his new thumper.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
that cool, sunday is better for me anyway, i hafta work on saturday nights anyway. i didn't wanna try to stay up for 2 days straight

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
Michigan,
yea it is still on, both days if u are interested. I am sure Jeff and some others will be around Saturday, i probably won't be until late in the afternoon, considering i have to work that night. Directions from Athens. Take St. Rt. 32 toward Wellston. Follow it for about 10-15 miles until you see St. Rt. 50 to McArthur. Follow 50 for about another 15 miles until u reach the town of McArthur. At the red light make a left, also known as St. Rt. 93. Follow 93 for 7 miles, to the town of Hamden. ok here is where it gets a bit tricky. Ok once u enter the Town limits of Hamden u will turn on the 1st road on the right "Chillicothe Street". Follow Chillicothe St. for about 1 mile, and make a right on Cox Hill road and follow that road until it ends at a "T" in the road. Make a right, once u make that right u will start to climb a hill. The road will make a left and start to come right back down the hill. once u come down that hill Jeff's home is the 1st home on the right. White house, huge front yard, basement under home. Should have a Red '66 Mustang sitting in the driveway. Hope i help u out and didn't confuse you much

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
Cool. I'll come down to Athens on Friday night, down a few brews, then (hopefully) i'll meet you guys for a saturday morning ride. I'm still undecided on riding sunday though. I'll keep my status posted.

Thanks for the directions.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
Jeff has plenty of room for u to stay out where he lives. Sunday will be the better ride, modt of the people will be there, including me. I just applied to take a Unpaid day for the aturday, i might get it, if so ill be there both days

GNCC387

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2002
i will be there saturday so i can get some practice in for sundays hare scramble at action sports.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I can't believe I have to work saturday morning/afternoon :(
might have to work sunday too, I'll know once I get my next schedule, apparently asking for days off means nothing to some people..

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
I'm starting to get the feeling that it'll be hard to get some riding in on Saturday? Is this true?

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
Well i should be there, i took a unpaid day. Bryan will be there, and whoever else shos up. Jeff should be home about 2:15 that day or so

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
Cool. I'll be there. I drive a white S10. There will be a big ugly green thing in the back.
Looks like the weather will be crap, but that's no surprise.
Does anyone have a start time,or will that be posted later this week?
I'm pumped. This will be my first ride since November.
See you guys on Saturday!

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
the earlier yall get there the more time we have to ride, is that way i look at it. i will be just getting off work at 7 a.m. so i am prett much open for any time. kinda anxiuos to try out my new bike goodies too

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Sat looks like the day to be there. Buuuutttt I have to work. Look like rain sunday.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…