Status
Not open for further replies.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Okiewan said:
One of the cool items you can't see in these pics...
BulletProof Designs Billet Rad Guards :)

Those really came out nice...congrats on the whole project.

On a side note, I really think you guys set the standard on how the other projects will be judged. No bickering, smooth process from start to finish...very impressive to say the least

And as far as that 500AF, I am so in bike lust...

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Actually its more -
A big thanks to the dirtrider.net community for the oppurtunity to build DRN's bike for this test,
and another big thanks to all the companies that stepped up big time ,
to get us the products and services in time to meet a strict and looming deadline ;)
The Service Honda *AF crue* of Neil and Chris put in long hours ,under the gun last minute ,
to get this thing completed with thier usual great attention to detail, and quality craftmanship..

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Very nice job DRN bike commitee. AJ certianly knows how to build a dream machine.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thanks AJ, Neil, and Chris. Awsome is an understatement.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Just an awesome piece! :cool:

Couple o' questions;

Why the 250X frame?

What's the total cost? :yikes:

likelite

Feb 15, 2006
that thing is awesome.it would make the ultimate off-road weapon even here in the northeast.aj can i put a down payment on an 07 now?great job to everyone involved.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Vic-
Why the 250X frame?

What's the total cost?

The 06 CRF500AFX is $9,599
with all those options
a *rough guesstimate* is $14,080.
Keep in mind lots of big items there you can't really see,
like WR gear sets , cooling fan option, porting, suspension work etc etc..

On the "why " an X frame -
well not just frame, entire chassis..

We still make the CR500AF (based on the CRF250R chassis) we just dint add the Rrrrrr.. CR500AFRrrr , not much *pirate* in us I suppose..;)

The CR500AFX is built on the CRF250X chassis, for fundamentally the same reasons that Honda makes an *R* and *X* version.

The X being aimed at a more off road market with the 18" rear, Odometer,kickstand ,lighting, suspension settings,linkage ,larger fuel tank, etc fundamentally all off road oriented -
additionally for the cali guys-
the important *elgibilty* for a cali green sticker. (an R framed bike would not be)
The two frames are basically identical,other than moiunting points for a kickstand.

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Actually, what I'm really wondering is why the 250 F chassis as opposed to the 450 or 250 two-stroke.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Vic -
On past models I certainly used the CR250 two stroke chassis..98 thru 2004.
and kept changing with each model year ,and with each new frame generation.
(even made a limited edition run in 03? 04? using the CR125 chasis)

But in 04/05 Honda did not update the 2 stroke CR's with the latest frame generation,
So i moved on to the latest frame and chassis design which was the CRF250's.
Why step backwards? ;)
A 06 CR250 has the same frame as an 02 CR250, and i would expect the 07 CR250 to be the same as well ,so when would it change?
The 500AF was originally built for the main reason of updating a *dated* chassis,,
so i'm certainly not going to stagnate it now.. :)

On the 450 thing- There are no real positive reasons to use a CRF450 as a starting point,
and a several reasons not to.*shrugs*

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Thanks, AJ.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Outstanding Bike. Did anyone give it a test ride? if so Post up! Will this Bike Be at Dirtweek 2006?

Crazy

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
That thing is BADASS! Are those graphics a one time deal, or are they for sale anywhere?

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Guess What,I have a new Wallpaper Now.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Thanks AJ, Neil and Chris for all the effort putting the dream bike together. That is one fine machine!

I may have missed it because I have been buried in work, but is there a thread with links for us to personally thank all the contributors?

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sweet job guys :aj: :aj:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Everybody Involved, thanks for your hard work, overtime, and dedication :cool:

That is one awsome Bike :aj: and I'm looking forward to the showdown!!!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I don't believe there is a showdown or shootout or anything like that. The intent was just to see what each site could create and let it stand on it's own merits.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No shootout.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Patman said:
I don't believe there is a showdown or shootout or anything like that. The intent was just to see what each site could create and let it stand on it's own merits.
Of course hypothetically speaking if there were we'd kick everyones butt, but you knew that already ;)

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
You guys know how those damn journalists are. It dosen't matter what they say, a title like this: "Internet Forum Bike buildoff SHOOTOUT!" sure would sell more mags.

Is there a projected publication date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom