BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
well i'm not that worried about snowboarding... if its the slightest bit like wakeboarding or skateboarding i could care less...

BUT...like everyone else who starts off their first time, i know i'm gonna fall plenty of times... i'm trying to find something that will help my "behind" not hurt so bad after that many falls... especially because i'm going 2-3 times within 2 months

has anyone ever worn padded shorts...pants whatever that helped prevent this? i'm mmostly worried because my friend went snowboarding last winter and fell so many times sometimes he can still feel his tailbone hurt...

if your wondering i can already ski... i was good at it too, i was able to go down the mountains black diamond withiin 3 hours (in NOrth Carolina) but i don't know if thats important, thanks!

snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
just suck it up and take it like a man. i have been a snowboarder for 12 years and you just have to the beatin the first couple of times you go. but dont give up it gonna hurt but just keep going cause when you get the hang of it you will be hooked the only other sport that i get the same feeling from like this is when i either fly off a big ol kicker and throw somethin sweet or slide a 50 ft rail on my board. other than that its like whipping that bike sideways 30 feet in the air.... its called prema grin and i love it!!!!!!!!!!!

kurt15

May 22, 2006
padded shorts are fine, however they will probably only help so much, the rest of it you just got to take it, get up, brush yourself off and keep going. Oh, and find a good chiropractor... Another good tip for learning new tricks, find somewhere to put a kicker with looots of powder on the landing. Saved my neck more than once :laugh:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
forget the pants, protect your head and take your lumps, they'll be many, work on your calves, I found when I went from skis to board those hurt worse then anything, but the lumps and pain was worth it

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Just take it easy till you get used to it and you'll be fine. And when you fall dont stick out your arms to catch you unlss you catch and edge going slow or your going to hurt yourself. (The first time i broke my arm about 4 years ago when i was learning, And i just sprined my rist on the first day we went out trying too catch myself after falling when i was flying down the black diamond. Didnt stop me from not snowboardin. I just took it easy after that till i could trust myself. And if there is a hottub availible.... USE IT! i was soooo sour after 3 days of constant snowboarding it wasent even funny.

but HAVE FUN!

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
i can take pain... i just don't want my friend has... pain a whole year later for a couple days of fun

i'm not gonna "take it like a man" if its gonna hurt me long term, but i'll take the pain if its a rare case
thanks

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
he said its not often... only if he like lands on it like falling on a wakeboard hard or something like that

but thanks no i don't have to worry about that

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Honestly..If he hurt it once, the pain went away, and he fell on the same place a year later. It could be a whole new case of pain, not re-occurring from the one that happened a year ago. I hurt my wrist 2 weeks ago, but it hurt again tonight when I slammed it into the boards, was it caused by what happened 2 weeks ago? No.

Top Bottom